Director - Application Development
- Newark, NJ, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- The Resource Collaborative
- 15 sept. 17
Our client is a large global fixed income asset management firm with offices in Newark, NJ. known for maintaining a collegial and supportive work environment that promotes and rewards individual contributions while placing equal importance on results of the larger team. Employees share their insights, skills, and diverse perspectives with a talented team working toward common goals. They place high priority on maintaining a work environment that develops, motivates, rewards, and retains employees. They offer a total rewards package that includes competitive pay, performance-based incentives, long-term savings opportunities, and just as important, support for life beyond work.
Are you looking to grow your career within Technology and deepen your understanding of financial services products under the Asset Management umbrella? Are you looking to diversify your skill-set by expanding your skills with a growing organization?
We are seeking a Consulting Director, Application Development responsible for providing Technology support to the fixed income business.
The Consulting Director is responsible for the management of a team of developers and business analysts dedicated to front office application delivery. Those responsibilities include systems design, development and maintenance across multiple applications, databases and platforms.
- Lead team dedicated to supporting front office technology
- Attract, retain and develop talent to support the fixed income business
- Consult with senior management in the analysis and execution of business plans
- Partner with IT vendors to influence product roadmaps to provide Pru with competitive advantage using best practices and trends
- Maintain relationships with other business partners, vendors and professional organizations
- Allocate and coordinate resources and handle staff related issues.
- Support staff in solving problems and incorporating new processes and technology to support the business
- Maintain a well-controlled and resilient technology environment, including the identification and management of IT risks in coordination with company policies and IT governance standards
- 10+ years experience as a project manager in Fixed Income Asset application delivery technology supporting Fixed Income required
- Knowledge of Fixed Income analytics required.
- Experience with Agile software lifecycle, test driven development and continuous integration
- Project experience with Hadoop, Angular, Spark and NoSQL databases a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree or CFA a plus
- Demonstrated experience managing an application development team
- Experience designing and building proprietary front office applications
- In depth knowledge and experience with Fixed Income instruments, including derivatives, foreign exchange, MBS, structured securities and syndicated bank loans.
- Knowledge of fixed income broad market and sector specific portfolio strategies
- Strong diagnostic, analytic and problem solving skills
- Proven program management and change management experience
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior management on strategic initiatives and on-going business support
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and partnering skills
- Excellent organization, communication and time management skills