QA Team Lead - Smart Order Routing System (VP)
Are you passionate about building robust and scalable algorithmic trading systems? Are you motivated to deliver real business value? We're looking for someone to:
- Analyze complex business algorithmic execution and smart order routing requirements and test implemented solutions
- Work as part of an onshore scrum development team
- Collaborate with other global IT teams, business Quants and Traders across asset classes
You should have experience with Electronic Trading, specifically Smart Order Routing, Market Access gateways, algorithmic trading, US & Canadian Market flow, order management, settlement and FIX and Binary protocols.
- Responsibility for QA service delivery and overall responsibility for the SOR applications QA BoW.
- Act as QA Single Point of Contact for managers, other team leads, stakeholders, senior leadership, and business
- Day-to-day responsibility includes management of a near shore test team
- Analyze business requirements, functional and technical specifications to define test scope and test approach
- Develop test strategy, detailed working test plan, resource plan and identify risks/dependencies for each of the project involved with
- Design, create and execute test scripts with appropriate test data for functional and non-functional test phases.
- Develop preliminary test schedule and ensure schedule syncs with existing release and environment schedules/cycles of legacy systems.
- Coordinate the test execution effort across global test team.
- Gather and present Daily/Weekly Project status metrics to management in timely fashion and escalate any issues in timely fashion.
- Provide metrics for reporting and release readiness reports.
- Track and escalate unresolved and high-priority defects.
- Determine/define regression test requirements.
- Actively manage planning and development of testing artifacts (including test requirements, plans, cases, scripts, reports, test environment etc.)
- Document and monitor resolution of critical issues and change requests and escalate issues as required.
- 5-7 years in Test lead role, co-coordinating large scale test efforts spanning across multiple teams and regions.
- Knowledgeable/experienced in QA processes, testing methodology, defect tracking and test estimation & planning
- Expertise in designing and maintaining large scale test automation frameworks.
- Experience testing electronic trading systems trading systems
- Detailed knowledge of US and Canadian FIX and binary protocol
- Good BA skills; ability to ask the right questions and discern true intent
- Good Communication skills, both written and oral
- Passion for taking initiative, accepting personal responsibility to deliver on commitments, having courage to raise issues, and proactively working to resolve issues and remove barriers in a timely manner
- Proven ability to engage and focus staff and project team members on highest priority, highest risk tasks. Must be self-motivated, apply good judgment, and be willing and able to mentor others.
- Collaborative leadership style and a strong commitment to continuous improvement
- Working knowledge C++ and Object oriented programming fundamentals
- Detailed understanding of various flavors of UNIX /Linux that goes beyond basic syntax expected.
- Excellent knowledge of test automation tools/utilities for C++/Unix based frameworks.
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Perl or Python a plus
- Experience using Mercury Products like Quality Center, and/or Test Director
- Experience building back-end automated test harnesses
- Experience using: Mercury products like AML, Quick Test Pro, also experience with Selenium, Robot, Jenkins, Gerkan
- Experience testing Java applications