DSIT Java Developer
- Whippany, NJ, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Barclays - US
- 06 déc. 17 2017-12-06
Overall purpose of role: Development and support of suite of applications in Loan Servicing area. Role includes front-end, server-side and database development, with strong emphasis on quality and maintainability. New development will focus on web technologies. A major component of the role near-term will involve migrating the existing desktop apps to the web. Can't sponser for this role at this time.
- Key specific accountabilities. Strong problem-solving and analytical skills are required. The role is not "coding to a spec", but rather understanding high-level business requirements and working as a team (with guidance) to craft solutions to meet those business needs. As a member of the team it is expected from the role to contribute to the solution, not merely follow direction.
- Though the role does not involve creating new frameworks or protocols, it may involve implementing new frameworks and messaging protocols provided by internal architecture teams or market standards bodies. These standards may not have been implemented before and there may be gaps / inconsistencies to reconcile. Collaboration and attention to detail are critical. The loan product is complex and so are the frameworks and messages to support it. Team members must be comfortable working within that complexity and weighing options for an optimal, yet pragmatic solution.
- Demonstrated project experience from inception and design to delivery. Support and maintenance experience is expected, but a significant design and implementation experience is required.
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
- Bachelors Degree
- 1+ years of professional software development experience
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and excellent communication
- Google Chrome Dev Tools
- Material Design / Bootstrap or other similar web UI library
- Back end
- Sql Server
- Hiberate or similar ORM tool
- Good experience with automated unit testing and TDD strongly preferred
- Experience leading a small team and / or principal dev lead of a project module / component is preferred.