Prime Brokerage Middle Office Analyst
- Whippany, NJ, États-Unis Whippany NJ US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Barclays - US
- 13 mars 18 2018-03-13
About Barclays in the US Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.
Overall purpose of role
- An RTB role ensures processing is of the highest standard, whilst meeting agreed SLAs, and being mindful of risk, efficiency, budget and personal conduct.
- Prime Brokerage Middle Office is responsible for the effective functioning and/or monitoring of all Prime Brokerage Operations related activities. It is a front to back client service function supporting cash Securities PB business including trade processing, unaffirmed/unmatched trade management, fails management, breaks resolution and client reporting. The group interacts with the Prime Brokerage desk, Execution desks, Stock Loan, clients, other operations areas, finance, and IT on a daily basis.
- Deliver the highest standard of service to internal and external clients against agreed SLAs.
- Ensuring you uphold personal conduct in line with the Barclays Way and call out behaviours, actions or decisions that fall short of these standards or are inconsistent with our Values.
- Ability to identify, escalate and report risks and issues.
- Identifying rationalisation opportunities to ensure an efficient delivery of service by yourself and your colleagues.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Team player committed to developing a culture of transparency, integrity and collaboration where all fellow team members are motivated and inspired to deliver the required outcome, taking into account risk and process optimisation factors.
- Track record of successfully delivering an excellent level of service as part of a team under challenging circumstances.
- Ability to work alongside a diverse global workforce through rapid change and / in periods of uncertainty
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively manage key relationships across functions, the global matrix and external stakeholders.
- Builds trust through consistent delivery and posses' ability to creatively resolve problems and issues at pace.
- Understands the Business Strategy and is able to add-value at team meetings and influence the outcome.
- Strong client focus, always puts customer satisfaction first. Track record of maintaining effective customer relations and service program through delivery of SLA's.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Ability to understand and analyse complex problems and provide effective tactical and strategic solutions.
- Understanding of broader business strategy, and apply this lens when contributing to team decisions.
- Aptitude to operate with close attention to detail and able to prioritise your key activities to ensure delivery.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree
- 1-2 years Financial Services experience
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Prime Brokerage middle office/operations experience preferred
- High level understanding of 1-2 functions from the trade lifecycle listed in the below table
- Detailed knowledge of 1 function listed.
- Detailed knowledge of 1 product family.