- Hauppauge, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Northstar Financial
- 09 nov. 17 2017-11-09
The Tax Administrator is responsible for performing mutual fund regulatory and tax reporting functions in a manner that ensures fund objectives are met for the clients of Gemini Fund Services, LLC ("GFS"), a wholly owned subsidiary of NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC ("NorthStar").
• Prepares and reviews estimated year-end income and capital gain distributions.
• Prepares and reviews Subchapter M and Excise tax provision work papers.
• Calculates fund distribution requirements to satisfy both income and excise requirements.
• Prepares tax work papers and distribution analyses for mutual funds.
• Assists in determining the fund tax status of investments and the identification of book/tax differences.
• Analyzes simple general ledger accounts to provide roll-forward of tax accounts and to identify items of income/expense that would require a tax treatment different than book.
TAX COMPLIANCE & REPORTING
• Researches, analyzes, interprets, and applies federal and state tax laws, and regulations, and court or other regulatory agencies' rulings or decisions to meet compliance requirements and makes recommendations to management.
• Coordinate efforts with Fund Administration for the development of tax and regulatory compliance for reporting to regulatory agencies, Board of Directors, and Fund Officers.
• Maintains current knowledge of IRS tax law requirements.
• Acts as a liaison between GFS and external audit firms and regulatory agencies.
• Gathers information needed to respond to IRS and/or auditor requests in connection with formal or informal audits.
May perform other duties as required and assigned.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS & CONTACTS
• Daily contact with fund administration department regarding tax implications of investment activities
• Contact as needed with regulatory agencies and audit firms regarding general information, resolution of issues, inquiries or reporting requirements
• Knowledge of tax laws and procedures applicable to investment companies
• Ability to act with professionalism and diplomacy when communicating with a customer
• Ability to troubleshoot issues utilizing creative and critical/analytical thinking skills
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Strong written, listening and verbal communication skills
• Effective problem solving, time management and organizational skills
• Minimum of a Bachelors in Business Administration, Tax, Accounting, Finance or related field required
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with mutual fund taxation and/or fund administration of mutual funds experience required
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
The statements in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job duties and responsibilities.
Normally works in a general office environment with the use of computer, printer, telephone, copier, fax, and calculator. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.