Compliance Business Operational Risk Manager ,Americas
- Manhattan, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 04 déc. 17 2017-12-04
Please view Job Description for details.
Set out and lead the delivery in the Americas region of the Compliance Operational Risk roadmap, priorities and milestone plan, aligned to the standards/requirements set by Group Operational Risk.
Keep abreast of developments in the operational risk management landscape and apply learning to Compliance operational risk management practices. Coordinate with counterparts in other functions/business lines across the Americas region to ensure a consistent, best practice and joined-up approach.
Continuously evaluate and provide clear/balanced advice and leadership to senior management on the Compliance operational risk implications of business strategies and programmes and the cost benefit analysis of operational risk remediation.
Positively influence and challenge context, commentary and updates, as a member of Compliance Operational Risk Forum in the Americas region upholding the integrity of Compliance risk/return decisions
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the business in minimizing operational risks and losses, and ensure material operational losses are investigated to prevent recurrence per Group policy.
- Responsible for recording operational errors that occur within the business that result in financial losses, gains, near misses, reputational damage or danger to people or our reputation. Ensure that significant operational losses are escalated with appropriate root cause analysis completed.
- Perform reconciliation on a monthly basis on all operational losses versus G/L entries to ensure that all losses/recoveries are correct and/or accounted for on both sources and the Bank's books and records.
- Act as business unit operational risk officer (BORM) for the Compliance Department representing the First Line of Defence for Operational Risk, implementing SCB's Operational Risk Framework (ORF), and supporting the Group's Operational Risk strategy.
- Responsible for the timely identification, assessment, mitigation, reporting, and escalation of identified Operational Risk IOR )exposures for the Compliance function. Assist in the identification of regulatory, business and thematic risks and the implementation of appropriate controls to mitigate those risks.
- Validate that the Operational Risk Profile for Compliance is complete and that consideration of risks has been accepted and documented as appropriate by the relevant Group Risk Committee.
- Attend and provide relevant information, as required for monthly ORF discussions with relavant stakeholders to ensure Residual Risk ratings are agreed. Lead to escalate, as required, under the Risk Assessment and Acceptance Policy.
- Communicate and respond to points of clarification to embed the standardized MI being rolled out.
- Liaise with Compliance staff as required to ensure that Residual Risk Acceptance Reports (RRARs) are completed for material operational risks or control failures identified and coordinate with management to escalate to appropriate committees/forums.
- Be an Informer: Identify new business and regulatory risks, perform risk assessments and measurement, facilitate the implementation of appropriate controls to accept risks, and perform risk monitoring.
- Assist relevant Process Owners within the business and across functions in the management and implementation of the ORF and other relevant OR related initiatives, including ensuring proper functioning of embedded and periodic controls.
- Be responsible for the population of controls to ensure compliance with agreed control standards and facilitating the monitoring/collection of any Key Risk Indicators (KRIs).
- Assure the integrity of Compliance ORF metrics by sample checking, cross questioning the Reponsible Person ( RPs) and ensuring records are kept for audit purpose, etc.
- Responsible for recording and maintaining risks in the risk tracking system. Responsible for ensuring quality of information being recorded as well as ensuring data accuracy, completeness and timing resolution.
- Gain the knowledge and understanding required to act as the "on the ground expert" for Compliance to achieve a successful migration to and adoption of the new Group Strategic Operational Risk platform (Enterprise Operational Risk Platform), as and when it is rolled out.
- Ensure compliance with OR policies and procedures. Immediately escalate unsatisfactory OR events.
- Lead and facilitate the completion of comprehensive, high quality root cause analysis of unsatisfactory operational risk events within 8 weeks of the point of identification, including the agreement of risk management action plans
- Drive improvement in OR processes (through process improvement initiatives).
- With Senior Operational Risk Officer, ensure a RCA (Root Cause Analysis) is completed for any audit fail and identified weaknesses in critical processes/significant losses/near misses.
- Contribute towards achieving no fail results on all audits and reviews undertaken by Group Internal Audit, Country Audit, regulators and external auditors.
- Review key risk themes, assist business to achieve resolution in line with business risk appetite.
- Conduct periodic reviews on Operational Risk controls; submit review reports and follow up with the business for timely closure of any identified risks/issues.
- Conduct periodic reviews subject to business need to ensure consistency of risk management approach and support the business by embedding best practice.
- Responsible for managing the issues raised from business-specific reviews and follow through to resolution
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors Degree
- 2-5 years experience in Compliance, Risk or related area.
- Prior experience in Project Management role.
- Professional with core compliance or business skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft, Excel, Work and PowerPoint
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31st December 2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.