- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 15 déc. 17
AVP - Data Governor
Lieu de travail : New York, NY, États-UnisSummary The Data Governor acts as a subject matter expert for a particular area within Moody's. We are looking for data-driven individuals to cover the Data Governor support of either Commercial or Research. Responsibilities
- Manage and participate in Data Governance projects from both a process and a technological perspective. Especially of note is the Moody's Business Transformation program
- Ensure that appropriate Data Governance principles and standards are applied. A primary focus is to establish data quality measurements in accordance with the standards
- Anticipate data quality issues and uncover root causes for these issues when they occur. Partner with the appropriate groups to resolve issues. Ensure that data quality for key data elements is defined for critical enterprise processes. Ensure conformity to the Data Quality Standard and associated guidelines
- Develop and maintain taxonomies that are utilized throughout Moody's on a range of subjects.
- Work closely with Moody's technology organizations to ensure Data Governance standards are adhered to
- Be an effective ambassador to the Business for concepts related to data governance, taxonomies, ontologies, and metadata
- Act as an advocate for data standards and work collaboratively across all parts of the organization. The person in this role will work closely with personnel across Moody's Investors Service (MIS) and Moody's Information Technology (MIT)
Department: Data Gov
- Eight (8) years or more of Data Governance or related work experience with progressive responsibilities in Financial Services
- Be familiar with data used within either Commercial or Research
- Have the ability to think analytically
- Experience with data in the financial service industry; experience with billing and accounting are a plus
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a related area. Masters in IT or Business is a plus
- Familiarity with statistics
- Excel skills are a must. Experience with Business Intelligence and visualization software is desirable; experience utilizing data mining / data analysis tools and/or general programming environments are a plus. Also, experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) or data quality software is a plus
- Able to demonstrate continued progression and experience managing one or more of the following:
- Data-intensive operational functions
- Adoption and maintenance of corporate data policies
- Business process re-engineering projects
- Design of internal controls over data elements
- Desired personal characteristics:
- Strong analytical skills / ability to assimilate information quickly
- Excellent communication skills - must be able to communicate with all levels in the organization
- Ability to gain consensus from multiple stakeholders / experience in driving change
- Can multi-task and handle concurrent assignments while maintaining high levels of quality and effectiveness
- Able to work independently on cross-disciplinary Data Governance teams
- Act as a team player, maintain a positive attitude (a must), and be willing to adapt to change
- Data-related certifications are desirable, including CISSP (Certified Information System Security Professional), FIA (Financial Information Associate), or CDMP (Certified Data Management Professional)? other certifications such as Project Management Professional (PMP), Six Sigma or financial analysis certification such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) are preferred
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.