- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 25 nov. 17
AVP, ASC 606 Accounting Policy and Process
Lieu de travail : New York, NY, États-Unis
- Role: The AVP, ASC 606 Accounting Policy and Process works under the direction of their immediate manager to ensure accurate financial statements and efficient and effective management of the financial operations within the revenue accounting function.
- Act as lead resource for analyzing complex revenue transactions under ASC606 and ASC 605 and prepare accounting position papers, as needed
- Represent the Moody's Analytics (MA) Revenue team in meetings with senior business management to discuss accounting positions, as needed
- Establish a cadence with the MA Product Management / Strategy teams to understand pricing changes and new product features, assess impact to accounting treatments and processes, and maintain a product library with accounting policies/procedures for each product line
- Ownership of performance obligation (POB) templates for all POB types and of standalone selling price (SSP) stratifications in the revenue automation system, RevPro
- Collaborate with MA Sales Operations, FP&A, Project Management, Product Management / Strategy and the Salesforce.com system team, to attain synergies across the order to cash process and improve upstream process/data flow
- Serve as a key contributor for the Finance Operation Model (FOM) initiative, a multi-year project to comprehensively review the existing MA order to cash process with a view to optimizing/upgrading our financial systems
- Perform accounting research as needed, drafting white papers, updating SOX narratives and other revenue accounting policy and process documentation, including designing and documenting the processes and controls of ASC606 implementation
- Engage with external revenue accounting specialists where necessary for very rare or complex fact patterns
- Serve as key point of contact with internal and external audit to support accounting positions taken
- Review and approve new product setup and ongoing maintenance, including all key product attributes
- Demonstrates expertise in subject matter, including accounting systems, processes and revenue recognition concepts, in the Order to Cash process.
- Initiates research, reviews and responds to inquiries from senior management regarding financial results and reporting requests (e.g. fluctuation variances).
- Coordinates finance due diligence work on potential acquisitions and manages the corresponding acquisition accounting work.
- Work closely with the Legal and Tax teams regarding the accounting impact of post-acquisition legal entity restructuring, new transfer pricing initiatives.
- Participates in Controllership change management processes, providing feedback and comments, and communicates changes to the respective teams.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical and operating accounting issues to ensure proper accounting recognition; communicates to senior management.
- Reviews sales and vendor contracts to ensure compliance with Moody's policies and identify accounting implications; provides value-added feedback to legal or other departments.
- Monitors and analyzes the work of the revenue accounting team to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Responsible for the overall direction, execution, and completion of ad-hoc projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
- Reviews the quarterly Earnings Release, 10K, 10Q and/or other external filings.
- Reviews supporting documentation and account analyses for internal and external audits.
- Provides expert opinion on US & Local GAAP, internal control policies and Moody's Global Accounting Policies (MGAP).
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Accounting & Finance
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Accounting, or a related field.
- 8+ years accounting experience, including at least 3 years of management experience (preferably in a large multi-national company or in a major CPA firm).
- CPA required.
- Knowledge of SEC reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of major systems critical to the order to cash process is preferred; i.e. CRM (preferably Salesforce.com), time tracking (preferably FinancialForce), revenue automation system (e.g. RevPro, RevStream) and general ledger (preferably PeopleSoft)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, analytic skills, and attention to details.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.