Data Management Lead, Vice President
Job Title: Data Management Lead, Vice President Role Description: Mizuho Americas is pursuing strong growth in the North American commercial banking and capital markets businesses. Central to supporting the growth is effective management and governance over information assets sourced from across the firm. With increased
Job Title: Data Management Lead, Vice President
Mizuho Americas is pursuing strong growth in the North American commercial banking and capital markets businesses. Central to supporting the growth is effective management and governance over information assets sourced from across the firm. With increased data volumes and regulatory reporting requirements, Mizuho’s Data Management & Governance team is seeking to add an experienced Data Management lead to drive continuing success in leveraging data services across the firm.
Reporting to the head of Enterprise Data Governance & Management, the position will be tasked with taking the lead in defining, planning, and delivering high profile, high impact data related projects across Mizuho Americas Commercial Banking, Investment Banking, and other business lines. The successful candidate will be highly detailed oriented with a strong track record of success in delivering large scale data projects and programs. The position will work alongside the Data Governance team to ensure that all data management activities across the firm’s business lines are accounted for and in compliance with established policies and standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Data Management Lead will take the point in working with various business lines in setting up and driving critical data management projects and aligning them with the enterprise data governance roadmap. Key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Interfacing to individual lines of business to define and commission data management projects
- Working with business unit teams to inventory, catalog, and document data elements making up the data landscape
- Working with the enterprise data governance team to incorporate business unit inventories as part of the enterprise data catalog and Business Information Model
- Oversee and direct projects to source and deliver content required for regulatory reporting, risk management, business management and other purposes
- Participating in issue management and resolution processes
- Contributing to the enterprise data roadmap and
This is a hands on data management position, tasked with the goal is driving improvement of data management capabilities across the Mizuho Americas enterprise.
The role requires a high energy project manager with experience delivering data management related projects. Requirements include:
- A minimum of five years’ experience with demonstrable track record of delivering data management related projects within banking, information vendor or other sell side institutions
- Strong business analysis and project management skills including:
- Authoring and managing critical project documentation including requirements specifications, functional specifications, status reports
- Performing issue discovery and drafting solution proposals in conjunction with business representatives, IT, and Operations
- Setting up, maintaining and tracking project plans.
- Creating and maintaining data inventories and data dictionaries
- Background in statistics and familiarity with current developments in the Data Science domain and its applications to the financial services industry a strong plus
- Solid data management related technology skills and experience including:
- Good working knowledge of the financial data landscape including reference data, symbology, general ledger & subledger, Legal Entity Data, pricing, risk management data
- Good understanding of finance and capital markets
- Experience working with modern database technologies and SQL in particular. Demonstrable expertise in Excel including advanced features such as pivot tables
- Experience with data visualization tools such as QlikView and Power BI
- Good understanding of the current regulatory reporting environment including familiarity with BCBS 239 and Dodd Frank. Experience in delivering regulatory reporting projects a major plus. G
- Familiarity with formal software and data management methodologies such as CMM, ISO 9000, DCAM, Prince 2.
- A strong networker comfortable with initiating dialogue across diverse business lines and acting as a data coach to lines of business.
Above all, the successful candidate will be a born problem solver and troubleshooter, ready to pitch in and not only resolve immediate challenges, but engineer them out of the business for good.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience in a data related discipline such as Finance, Risk Management, Economics/Econometrics, Computer Science, Data Science
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution that offers clients award-winning strategic and creative solutions in corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. We have experts in offices throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Chile. Our operations in the Americas connect our broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector entities to local markets and the vast global network of our parent company—Mizuho Financial Group.
Mizuho Financial Group is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, offering comprehensive financial and strategic services including private banking and venture capital through its subsidiaries. Based in Japan, the group has over 56,000 professionals working in 920 offices in nearly 40 countries throughout Asia, EMEA, and the Americas. As of March 31, 2016 its total assets were $1.8 trillion.