Data Scientist - Hedge fund
- New York, NY, États-Unis New York NY US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 14 mars 18 2018-03-14
- Hedge Fund
Our client is a multi-billion dollar equity hedge fund based in New York City that manages north of $10bn. They are looking to scale up their data science team which focuses on generating investment insights from alternative data for their investment team. The group is 10 people and they are rapidly growing. In the role you will be tasked with using your quantitative skills to work with and manage large data and find opportunities to leverage into investment opportunities. The PM, investment researchers, and data science team work dynamically together in a collaborative environment.
The ideal candidate will have a strong economics or finance background from academia coupled with a strong technical skill set, preferably experience using for R or Python for research and model development. You’ll also have exposure working with alternative data sets such as consumer transactions, credit card data, and geolocations, and more. Candidates coming from a business analyst, consulting company, or data science position in tech will gain brownie points.
- Bachelors in Finance, Economics, or other business related major; Masters or MBA preferred
- Strong technical skills in Python or R
- Experience working with alternative data or big data sets
- Great intuition and understanding of how the economy and companies work to be able to discern relation and relevancy
- Passion to work hard and join an entrepreneurial environment that favors efficiency and speed over perfection