Developer - Java
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 19 oct. 17 2017-10-19
Developer - Java
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
MS Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology is the global technology department responsible for the design, development, delivery and support of the technical solutions behind the products and services used by the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) business. The department is comprised of 10 organizations: Sales, Banking & Corporate-Client Technology, Investment Products & Markets Technology, Client Reporting, Core Processing, Private and International Wealth Management Technology, Technology Integration Office, Enterprise Infrastructure & Production Management, Capital Markets Application & Data Services, Deployment Planning & Release Management, and the Chief Operating Office. Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology works with large scale databases such as DB2 and SQL Server, proprietary and non-proprietary messaging software, a broad variety of vendor products, numerous financial exchanges and regulatory entities, and programming languages ranging from .Net and Java to Cobol and VB.Net.
This role will manage projects focused on the development of new functionality as well as enhancements. This role requires strong technological and analytical skills. The work provides the opportunity to interact with personnel from multiple areas. In addition to the core development work, they would also interact and monitor the support team to understand if there are steps that the development team can take to improve the application.
- Experience - 6-9 years
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Sciences or related field
- Core Java
- Integration technologies - MQ/XML/SOAP/JSON/REST/XSLT
- Enterprise Architecture Integration (EAI) Patterns
- Frameworks such as Spring, Camel or Mule, JUnit, Mockito
- Sound understanding of Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming, familiarity with Design Patterns.
- Hands on experience with multithreaded systems.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Highly motivated, willingness to learn new technologies.
- The candidate must also strongly appreciate and understand the impact of code/environmental changes on the business unit.
- Comfortable with direct interaction with the business users at all levels.
- Have good communication skills, and be able to explain complex IT problems in simple business like terminology for ease of user's understanding.
- Strong debugging, trouble shooting and performance tuning skills
- Technical management of a local Java team.
- Ability to work as part of a fast-paced global team and deliver to aggressive timescales
Excellent working knowledge of the following technologies:
- Scripting languages (shell or Perl, etc.)
- Experience of agile development practices - Scrum, Kanban.
- Familiarity with Autosys, DB2, Spring Integration, experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Stash, Jira)
- Good understanding of derivative products and STP cycle
- Familiarity with central clearing and settlements areas.
- Relational Databases such as Sybase, Oracle, SQL
- Exposure to working in a global delivery team.
- Knowledge of Scala is a plus