Equity Research Associate – Life Sciences
Do you have a strong interest in analyzing companies? Are you skilled at assessing value and risk? We're looking for someone like that who can:
- Work closely with a senior Healthcare analyst in a variety of different roles
- Assist in the construction, accuracy and maintenance of detailed financial models
- Draft individual company and sector-wide research reports
- Analyze industry data as part of the investment research process
- Conduct extensive valuation analysis on stocks in the Life Sciences sector
- Create exhibits and presentations for sales and clients
- Update and maintain analyst marketing presentations
- Communicate with both institutional clients and internal clients to convey investment recommendations and ideas
You'll be working in the Global Research – Life Sciences team in New York, NY. You will work with a Senior Analyst who has extensive sell and buy side experience. You will help with the coverage launch process and subsequently be a valued member of the equity research team. It is a tremendous opportunity to be part of a dynamic team in an exciting sector where the lead analyst will have a vested interest in your development.
Your experience and skills
- Bachelor's degree or international equivalent in Finance, Economics or Accounting
- a strong record of academic achievement
- a very strong work ethic and a desire to perform at a very high level
- Experience in the evaluating companies
- The ability to perform under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines
- A strong understanding of accounting, including financial statement analysis
- Solid know-how of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with or interest in writing research reports
- A self-starter who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced, challenging environment
- An excellent communicator
- Inquisitive, organized and detail oriented
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.