- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 14 déc. 17
Financial Engineer(Model Validation)
Lieu de travail : New York, NY, États-UnisRole/Responsibilities:
We are looking for a financial engineer to join our model verification team. The duties of the financial engineer include:
- Verify and further develop the financial models underlying the general credit policies and rating methodologies.
- Build financial model prototypes, implement test procedures, and assist with the implementation of new control processes for rating models.
- Perform econometric back tests of current rating methodologies for credit derivatives, structured products, and other asset classes, and prepare analytical projects to confirm the ability of financial models to assess credit risk.
- Assist with ad-hoc quantitative projects to update and improve the rating process (structured finance simulations, macroeconomic projects, etc.).
- Publish research and participate in professional training for the analytical staff.
- The position requires collaboration with rating analysts, model managers, research groups, and development groups
- PhD or Masters in Financial Engineering, Math, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance, Physics or Business.
- 1+ year of overall experience in financial modeling - experience in credit risk, credit derivatives or structured finance a strong plus. Exp. may be gained through employment or academic study.
- Understanding of model development including model design and implementation.
- Working knowledge of 2 of the following technologies: VBA, C++, C#, Matlab, R.
- Knowledge of SQL and cash flow waterfall modeling is a plus.
- Must be hard working, easy to work with, and have a willingness to learn new technologies.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.