Firmwide Strategy Group
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Goldman Sachs USA
- 22 sept. 17
Firmwide Strategy Group
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
This influential global team works with the Executive Office and senior divisional and business unit management to set and execute key strategic priorities for Goldman Sachs. The group reports to the firm's Chief Strategy Officer, who is a member of the Executive Office and Management Committee. The group develops, evaluates, and executes plans for new businesses and growth initiatives and leads strategic transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, and joint ventures, on behalf of the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The individual will help lead strategic M&A teams through all phases of the deal lifecycle, create, evaluate, review, and implement new business plans and initiatives, and develop strategic and financial models and analyses. Our projects provide exposure to the breadth of activities at a major international financial firm with multiple business lines, including its opportunities and challenges, and frequent interaction with senior divisional and firm leadership. The role provides an opportunity to gain the operational perspective of a principal while also serving as a trusted strategic and financial advisor to key internal clients.
The Firmwide Strategy group has proven to be a gateway to a number of attractive career paths. Past team members have been promoted to senior leadership positions within the group as well as transitioned to investing and management positions inside Goldman Sachs and elsewhere, corporate strategy roles within various industries, and back to traditional investment banking. Past junior team members have also entered leading MBA programs.
Representative Projects / Transactions:
- Annual strategy review presentation to GS Board of Directors
- Helped develop GS Bank strategy and Marcus new business plan
- Sales of GSAM India, GSAM Australia, and NYSE specialist rights
- Acquisitions of GECC online retail deposit platform and Honest Dollar
- Prior investment banking experience
- Strong knowledge of or interest in learning about the financial services industry
- Ability to review and synthesize information and form independent judgments
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and technical abilities, including M&A modeling experience
- Drive and enthusiasm, including for training and mentoring junior team members
- Strong written and oral communication skills with confidence and ability to interact effectively with senior firm leaders
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet competing deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Team orientation
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.