Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools-from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations-designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 5000 businesses are spending an average of 3.3% less and closing their books 8 times faster, thanks to Ramp's finance automation platform that enables billions of dollars of purchases each year.
Founded in 2019, Ramp has seen nearly 10x year-over-year growth which has led to a valuation of $8.1 billion in just over 3 years. Its investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The team is made up of talented leaders from some of the leading financial services and fintech companies-Capital One, Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Visa-as well as high-growth technology companies like Facebook, Spotify, Zendesk, Uber, Dropbox, and Instacart. Recently named Fast Company's most innovative finance company, Ramp is NYC's fastest-growing startup and America's fastest-growing corporate card. About the Role
Join the fastest-shipping product organization in fintech and establish our User Research practice. As the founding member of our research practice, you'll be creating the processes that deepen our understanding of and empathy for the people we design and build for. You'll own the UXR process, cadence, and rituals. You'll help build a User Research team that partners closely with Product and Design leadership to define company strategy and define key initiatives across our suite of corporate spend management products.
You will play a fundamental part in shaping the team, processes, tools, and culture that enable us to learn as much as possible from our users, both current and potential. As an integral part of the Product Design team, reporting directly to the Head of Design, you will work with Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and other stakeholders to infuse our processes with empathy for our customers, and to drive novel product insights that help us completely re-imagine spend management and savings.
You are a critical thinker, a proactive problem solver, a strong communicator, and a perfectionist. The ideal candidate is constantly finding ways to improve the output of the team by taking a fluid and iterative approach to conducting and distributing research. What You'll Do
What You'll Need
- Own the lifecycle of the research process. From identifying the right questions to ask, to building a research plan, conducting live customer interview sessions, and disseminating information
- Prioritize, guide and direct projects across all product pods-successfully intaking, planning, managing, recruiting, and facilitating research sessions.
- Liaise with the Product Design team to validate research questions and plans.
- Identify user research process gaps and build the user research practice at Ramp.
- Guide research from beginning to end, ensuring that we're delivering insights on time.
- Participate in and facilitate prioritization meetings, sprint-planning, and retros to evolve the research and product development process.
- Build and maintain a user pool for agile user research of targeted customer segments.
- Maintain our user research knowledge base by organizing, synthesizing and communicating insights and making them accessible to the broader team.
- Demonstrate an understanding of our product and brand, and be an ambassador for research and users at Ramp.
Nice to Haves
- Minimum 8 years of UX research experience
- Demonstrated experience choosing and conducting multiple types of qualitative and quantitative research throughout the entire product development cycle.
- You navigate ambiguity with confidence, are comfortable juggling several projects, and work independently.
- Demonstrated experience managing user researchers and scaling user research teams.
- Undergraduate degree in Human-Computer-Interaction, Human Factors, Computer Science, Design, Psychology, Anthropology and/or equivalent field of study
- A strong portfolio of work demonstrating knowledge and experience across a breadth of UX research methodology.
- Empathetic-what's best for our customers is what's best for us.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to deliver high quality work consistently and quickly. We are very small fish in an enormous pond - we swim fast.
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- Understanding of Figma
- Experience at a high-growth startup
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- OneMedical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Unlimited PTO
- Annual education reimbursement
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Monthly wellness stipend; Headspace annual membership
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support