- New York, NY, États-Unis New York NY US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- IHS Markit
- 16 août 18 2018-08-16
The IHS Markit U.S. Immigration Legal Team is based out of our New York City office. The function started over one year ago and supports over 300 employees on U.S. visas. We are looking for a Mid to Senior level paralegal to join the team with 3-5 years of experience in H-1B and PERM.
- Liaising with businesses, HR, and foreign national employees regularly.
- Independently preparing H-1B petitions from intake to filing.
- Responsible for PERM processes from initial intake to filing.
- Must be comfortable hosting PERM calls with managers and the employee to explain the process.
- Prepare PERM strategy plans, file prevailing wage determinations, maintain PERM audit file, prepare ads, and finalize ETA 9089 for filing.
- Work closely with Associate General Counsel and Senior Immigration Paralegal on strategies and best practices for NIV and IV cases, and Company compliance projects (i.e. I-9 audits and Public Access File maintenance).
- Keep the database management systems updated and accurate with new legal notices, filings, and expirations.
- Maintain status reports to track heavy case load volume as well as monitor expiration dates, filing deadlines, and priority dates.
- Assist with the preparation for RFEs.
- Ideally have experience in preparing L-1s, I-140s, and AOS.
Experience Required :
- Must have at least 3-5 years of experience in H-1B and PERM.
- Ideally looking for a well-rounded candidate who has also has previous experience in H-1B RFEs, L-1, I-140, and AOS.
- Familiar with the new challenges and rules of the new Administration, and can employ innovative strategies for NIV and IV employment based cases.
- Excellent writing skills
- Have previous experience preparing Labor Condition Applications, prevailing wage determinations, PERM ads, and ETA 9089s.
- Comfortable with immigration database systems, i.e. LawLogix, Tracker, etc. Looking for candidates who are positive, independent yet also collaborative, detail oriented, and willing to learn.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.