Multiple Java Dev positions - Asset Manager
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- GMS Advisors
- 15 déc. 17 2017-12-15
Our client is building a new office/team in NYC. This team will be the center for technology excellence for the company moving forward. They are looking for multiple developers including Lead, Senior, Mid Level, and Junior Level. This is basically a startup within a very reputable company. Be one of the first hires to help them transform their technology and grow the company.
Technology Professionals at this Asset Manager are playing a key role in building the future of financial services, working hand-in-hand with business partners to create client experiences that are changing the way people invest. We're looking for Technical Architects to join our new Technology Development Center in Manhattan. We want technologists with a fresh perspective who are passionate about solving complex business, data and technical challenges.
The Front Office Technology Group is working to develop the firm's next generation data distribution platform, with the aim to seamlessly deliver real-time and on-demand investments data to a global network of distributed trading and research platforms. We are employing new paradigms such as cloud computing, lightweight microservices, and distributed and non-relational databases to deliver elastically scalable, globally distributed and highly resilient software services.
• Provide strategic technology direction for each component team in order to meet or exceed required levels of functionality and to ensure compliance with risk management, security, and audit requirements.
• Produce architecture artifacts (logical and physical models, standards, and archetypes) that support the implementation of the strategy, working with programs and projects to ensure alignment with enterprise and domain technology architectural tenets.
• Accountable for defining, socializing and driving target state technology strategies for low-latency, high-performance microservices which drive the global publication, distribution and integration of core investment data streams.
• Work with traders and global desk-heads to develop, champion and execute a consolidated multi-year strategic target state architecture for global data distribution, bringing fresh ideas and innovation to a constantly evolving landscape of opportunity.
• Ensure quality of deliverables, setting standards to ensure resiliency, fault-tolerance, performance and elastic scalability.
• Collaborate and build relationships with other domain architects, development teams, operations partners, and internal business stakeholders.
• Work with senior leaders in the business to understand product roadmaps and define and refine a well-aligned architectural vision and strategy.
• Directly and indirectly lead a team of software engineers towards the development and implementation of program goals.
• Proven ability to act and lead in a consultative manner with technology and business partners.
• Ability to lead, delegate, motivate, and support resources to achieve high delivery demands.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain a close working relationship with quantitative researchers, traders and senior business leaders.
• Demonstrable passion for technology, innovation and quality with a craftsman-like approach to building software.
• Enthusiastic embrace of DevOps culture and collaborative software engineering.
• Ability and desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and agile team environment.
Required Technical Experience:
• 1 years of professional Java development experience with advanced knowledge of low-latency optimization techniques and sophisticated multi-threading paradigms.
• In-depth and hands-on experience with developing and refining end-to-end logical and physical architecture artifacts and data models.
• Experience with defining and delivering enterprise integration architectures for large organizations including experience with at least one major ESB platform (e.g., IBM Integration Bus, Mulesoft, Apache Camel/Spring Boot, Microsoft BizTalk, Tibco, etc.)
• Deep understanding of cloud native architectures for containerized microservices.
• Experience with automated delivery pipelines, agile delivery and test-driven development.
• Familiarity with a variety of programming styles (e.g. OO, functional) and in-depth knowledge of software design patterns.
• Advanced RDBMS knowledge is a plus.
Required Domain Experience and Soft Skills:
• Experience with front office software development within an asset management firm, hedge fund or investment bank with 5+ years of experience with building large scale, distributed and time sensitive trading solutions.
• A solid understanding of financial markets and familiarity with equity and/or fixed income instruments is a must.
• Confident communicator with demonstrable ability to argue a point concisely and deal positively with conflicting viewpoints.
• Experience providing coaching and mentoring to team members in order to deliver quality service and celebrated solutions to business customers.
• BS in computer science, MIS or related majors is required
• MS or MBA is a strong plus
• Technical and/or industry certifications are a plus
• Enthusiasm for continuous learning is a must