- New York, NY, États-Unis New York NY US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- The Forum Group
- 18 juin 18 2018-06-18
Software Engineering role with an investment management firm to work on continuous improvement of infrastructure and production systems. To succeed in this role, you must have a burning desire to make systems work more efficiently and you must be able to think out of the box to design and deliver custom solutions that improve productivity.
Strive to maintain the highest levels of systems availability – mostly proprietary applications, across the enterprise
• Identify root cause of issues, then prioritize and work independently to suggest and/or develop solutions
• Act as escalation contact for mission critical applications and drive solutions with complete end-to-end ownership
• Work closely with development and support staff, both locally and globally, to solve problems and provide solutions
• Tactical development and automation scripting utilizing PowerShell, Python, SQL, etc.
• Experience scripting in PowerShell and/or Python.
• Microsoft SQL Server development/administration experience (e.g. troubleshoot stored procedures and analyze SQL code)
• Experience in managing and troubleshooting Windows/AD, Linux, IIS
• One or more deployment models; Windows GP/DSC, GIT/Octopus, etc.
• ActiveBatch or similar automation toolset
• Knowledge/interest in cyber security
• Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, exercising sound judgment and decision-making
• Must work well within a team
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
• User-facing role – must have the ability to understand, articulate and update issues to stakeholders across the global business (both technical and non-technical)
• Educated to degree level, preferably in Computer Science/Management Information Systems or relevant certifications/experience
• Experience in the financial industry