- New York, NY, États-Unis New York NY US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 22 mai 18 2018-05-22
Financial firms rely on dozens of critical systems to develop and execute strategies, evaluate risk, track P&L, lead sales and trading, and handle settlement. The constant challenge is the complexity of integrating these systems so that data moves correctly across the enterprise, at higher speeds and lower costs. Building solutions in-house can take a large team and a larger investment. Integrators and consultants may not understand a firm's business model or data. That's where we come in.
Here at Bloomberg Connectivity and Integration Services (CIS), we help firms run that complexity. Providing common tools, services and expertise, we enable firms to simplify technology relationships, which ultimately drive lower total cost of ownership, faster time to market and improved transparency. With our track record in delivering hosted solutions and our understanding of our customers' needs, we believe we are uniquely positions to help clients with this challenge.
We are seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to join our CIS team. In the role of a QA you will be responsible for the testing of an array of message structures, various file/message transfer technologies, GUI interfaces, API's, and Services. You must have ability to work alone on multiple projects at a time, be dedicated as well as a self-starter with attention to detail. You are someone who is organized, collaborative and dedicated to document critical test scenarios. You will have experience testing heavily integrated systems where clients have numerous different workflows to satisfy their Integration needs.
We will trust you to:
- Grow familiar with proprietary integration systems which are used by clients to move data in and out of different applications/ systems.
- Identify and contribute to closing quality gaps within the product offerings.
- Write automated tests to exercise the system and applications.
- Implement effective test strategies to test file delivery, data structures (FIX, XML), data values, data formats.
- Collaborate and partner closely with Development teams to understand data feeds, data flows, data structures, API's, and Web Services.
- Complete test assignments in a timely fashion.
- Design and maintain test data for projects.
- Review and analyze Business Requirements (BRDs) and User Stories for ambiguity and testability.
- Participate in test design discussions, reviews, and test strategy sessions.
- Install, configure, and use tools to assist in manual/ automated test efforts.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree related to Computer Science / Information Systems/Software Engineering or equivalent experience in related roles.
- 8+ years automated testing experience with regression testing, integration testing, and/ or performance testing.
- Must have experience with FIX & XML data formats.
- Experience with Java or Python.
- Experience with Verifix or other test tools for sending FIX messages.
- Experience collaborating with programmers and business authorities to collect critical workflows for testing.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to be agile and enthusiastic to passionately learn and work in a bold time sensitive environment.
- Demonstrate confidence and ability to identify testing gaps.
- Ability to respectfully question ideas and share a point of view with others in support of the business requirements and needs.
- Ability to effectively communicate with different levels of employees ranging from entry level to senior leadership.
- Ability to multi task and shift priorities quickly.
- Strong problem-solving skills, troubleshooting, and tracing root cause.
- Solid programming skills.
- The ability to be legally authorized to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
If this sounds like you;
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.