Quant Developer/Data Engineer - Investment Bank
Are you a talented, quant developer/data engineer that wants to get closer to the business? Are you passionate about data and how it can be used in investing? If so, we need people like you to help us:
• Build solutions to collect, enrich and automate data for use in customer experience enhancement, and alpha generation
• Creation of new capabilities and modules in our data pipeline
• Develop reporting and data visualization solutions, as well as looking to build out a dynamic platform
A brand new group within the Investment Bank's Corporate Client Solutions (CCS) business based around Big Data, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. The team will leverage in-house cutting edge knowledge and data to develop predictive analytics models and research to systematically identify traditional investment banking opportunities across Advisory and Capital Markets. The team is embedded within the Business and will partner with different teams across CCS Advisory and Capital Markets globally to develop innovative client and transaction targeting solutions and expand the department into new areas.
Your experience and skills
• Bachelor's degree in STEM or finance related disciplines
• 5 to 10 years experience programing with multiple technologies and software design within Investment Banking or Hedge Fund industries is essential
• Experience working in a multi-layered distributed architecture is essential.
• Experience with working in Hadoop and distributed computing frameworks is a plus
• Understanding of data science, machine learning, and AI is a plus.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills (data analysis and requirement documentation)
• Outstanding data skills
• Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize issues
• Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and client facing skills
• Strong interest in working in investment banking and financial services
• ready to join a fast growing team in a dynamic and challenging environment
• relentless in pursuing new ideas and self-improvement
• Ability to self-manage and prioritize workload
• full of energy and able to persevere through technical issues
• a team player willing to learn / share solutions and best practices from your colleagues
• performance and detail-oriented
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.