Research Associate - Fixed Income/Preferred Securities
- New York, NY, États-Unis New York NY US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Cohen & Steers
- 25 avr. 18 2018-04-25
Job Title: Research Associate – Fixed Income/Preferred Securities Department: Fixed Income/Preferreds Job Reports To: Portfolio Manager, EVP Junior analyst on an asset management team that focuses on global investments in preferred securities, corporate bonds and, to a lesser extent, convertible securities. Support the team’s portfolio managers and senior analysts in administrative tasks relating to portfolio management as well as in company and security valuation and selection.
• Manage and run various security valuation, portfolio and index positioning and performance-related reports, as well as related databases.
• Work on various client service projects and support marketing efforts and information requests relating to client accounts.
• Work with senior analysts in the evaluation of company fundamentals and security valuations.
• Work with senior analysts to develop additional quantitative and analytical tools to enhance security selection and portfolio management.
• Perform active surveillance of portfolio holdings to identify trends and make recommendations.
• Stay abreast of global credit markets as well as market technical and issuer/deal fundamentals that impact relative value.
• Work on miscellaneous market and security valuation projects with the portfolio manager and senior analysts.
• Interface with colleagues in technology, account administration, marketing, client service, compliance and trading.
• Contribute to the overall success of the fixed income team in its goal of providing excellent results for clients
• BA degree and a strong desire to work in asset management
• Strong preference for advanced Excel modeling skills with proficiency in VBA; Bloomberg proficiency a plus
• 1-3 years of buy-side or sell-side experience preferred
• Experience in covering companies a positive
• Foreign language skills a plus
• CFA credentials or desire to pursue a CFA is a plus
• Facility with fixed income markets, economics and mathematics is a plus
• Ability to develop as an analyst in covering companies and valuing securities
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
• Team-oriented and collaborative
• Intelligent, conceptual thinker with the ability to quickly assess a situation and generate new insights and usable ideas.
• Hardworking with an ability to multi-task in a dynamic work environment
• Minimal travel
• While normal work hours are 8:00am – 5:00pm, this position must be flexible with the understanding that work deadlines must be met and at times it is necessary to work off hours to complete the required project at hand.
Note: This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.