Robo Advisor - Team PHP Lead
- $140,000 - 180,000
- New York, NY, États-Unis New York NY US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Opus Recruitment Solutions Limited
- 18 avr. 18 2018-04-18
A market leading Robo Advisor is seeking a talented PHP specialist to take leadership of the established and growing dedicated team.
An impressive leader in the Robo Advisory market my client has created powerful and intuitive financial technology that is reshaping the market. As true believers that the future of financial advice is personal, scientific and beautiful – they work towards these three ideals drive everything that the business does.
The team is made up of enterprise technologists, data scientists, designers, futurists, business builders and former financial advisors.
Their journey is just beginning, but have quickly begun turning the vision into reality. They have built the industry’s most advanced wealth management platform; developed strong client relationships with financial institutions and advisory firms; completed two strategic acquisitions; established a deep strategic relationship with WisdomTree, a global asset manager; and raised over $30 million in investor capital to help fuel our future growth.
If a growth stage company culture appeals to you – and you want to help create the future of financial advice – we’d love to hear from you.Seeking an outstanding candidate to join an agile, highly professional team that collaborates with other Developers, Quality Assurance, and Business Analysts to deliver crucial new features for the next generation of Wealth Management software, with a focus on maintaining responsibility for the entire PHP code base (Symfony2). This position requires a lot of hands-on experience as well as the ability to improvise and be successful in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Contribute to all areas of the software development lifecycle including planning, design, development, testing, implementation, optimization and maintenance
- Contribute to all areas of team performance including daily scrums and after-action reviews.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of processes, product development, product quality and technology.
- Contribute to the overall progress of the team and the firm; ensure timely delivery of quality software.
- Serve as third-tier support for production issues and related support needs.
- Write PHP code and provide architecture suggestions.
- Offer client support and work on one-off client projects as necessary.
- 5+ years web application development experience in multiple projects.
- PHP 7+ (3+ years - familiarity with new PHP 7+ features and changes).
- Good knowledge of OOS design patterns.
- Start-Up Experience (2y+).
- Production code experience with Symfony and/or Laravel Framework (supply reference)
- Worked on Agile team.
- Well versed in BDD/TDD practices.
- Experience working with offshore teams.
- Familiar with git-flow.
- Experience with API development and testing.
- Motivated self-starter; strong “take-charge” attitude.
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills.
RECOMMENDED SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with financial products.
- Experience with Wealth Management.
- Docker/Ansible/Multi-node Infrastructure.
- Microservices Experience.
- Knowledge of security practices.
- AWS services.
- Familiar with npm, build tools, deployment pipelines.
- React.js exposure and familiarity with popular JS frameworks.
- Good Stack Exchange Reputation.
- Interesting Projects in public github/bitbucket repo (pls supply link).
- Good knowledge of at least 2 other programming languages (i.e. Python, Node, Go, C++, Java, Scala)
- Large cache of evidence of being enthusiastically curious.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Based in the NYC Office (Tribeca)