SDK Documentation Lead (TECHNICAL WRITER)
- 135000 + equity
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Oakridge Staffing
- 12 oct. 17 2017-10-12
The Software Development Kit (“DA SDK”) Documentation Lead has the critical responsibility of enabling the knowledge transfer from the Engineering and Product Teams to other teams and to SDK clients. You should have a passion for technology and products with a solid programming or engineering background.
Documentation will be used to create a record of our architecture and software design decisions, assist Business Development in educating clients about DA products and technologies, and provide expert training and direction for clients and DA new hires using our SDK tools. In addition to creating documentation, the SDK Documentation Lead will participate in the selection of tooling used to create, design, organize and distribute documentation with a strong focus on the end user experience in consuming DA content. Given the essential connection between SDK software design/development and SDK documentation creation and delivery, the SDK Documentation Lead must rely on his or her background in software development.
- Write highly polished and professional technical documentation in a way that can be consumed by internal and external audiences of varying technical ability.
- Design, organize and maintain documentation and documentation sets for new and existing products and client projects.
- Review, edit and maintain existing technical documents to comply with documentation standards and best practices.
- Make improvements in documentation management such as consolidation or applying best practices for consistency and ease of use.
- Enjoy didactics and finding the most effective ways to teach people about technical subjects.
- 5 to 7 years of experience writing technical documentation for both internal and external audiences.
- Prior experience as a software design / development engineer.
- Proven and demonstrable writing experience with specifications and architecture documentation; sample technical writing, both online and in print, required.
- Ability to evaluate and organize technical information quickly and explain concepts and instructions clearly and concisely.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible, have initiative and a proactive work ethic, enjoy working with new technology in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Must be comfortable working with developer documentation tools and workflows where documentation is treated the same as source code. Experience with Git, Sphinx, and Markdown is preferred.
- Experience creating end user documentation from reading source code is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience working with financial institutions or financial technology companies is strongly preferred.