Senior Alternatives Product Manager (Director / Managing Director)
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 23 janv. 18 2018-01-23
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
What is the Aladdin Product Group?
At the heart of BlackRock, is the Aladdin Product Group (APG), the team responsible for designing, building and operating Aladdin, BlackRock’s investment and operating technology platform. Being a member of the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industry’s thought leaders to build innovative and next generation products that shape the financial markets. We are 1,400 strong and we eat, live and breathe tech. We partner with our end users to deeply understand their business strategy and build technology to help them get there. We think big about new opportunities and ways technology can change the financial services ecosystem
Drive product strategy as an Aladdin Product Manager with a specific focus on Aladdin’s Alternative capabilities and product offering. Product Managers lead and champion initiatives, both big and small, across the organization to execute firm-wide initiatives, increase the Aladdin value proposition for clients, and increase revenue opportunity for the firm. You’re accountable for defining Aladdin Alternatives product strategy, being highly commercial, guiding products and being engrained in the entire product lifecycle. The Product Manager is responsible for a cross-functional product team, marching the team toward a common goal for the product. Product Managers work with stakeholders to influence how technology can help BlackRock and Aladdin clients respond to a changing marketplace.
As a Product Manager, you’ll be closely connected with the marketplace, our client community, and BlackRock business strategy to drive product direction. Sitting at the intersection of business and technology, Product Managers work closely with Aladdin developers and other stakeholders to innovate, conceptualize, design and pilot new capabilities to simplify our clients’ business problems. By communicating up and down the organization, Product Managers are responsible for advocating and influencing partner teams to build buy-in on product vision to create a market-leading product. Given the diversity of asset classes and investment processes across BlackRock and BlackRock Solutions’ clients, the capabilities developed and supported by the Product Management team span a wide array of financial products, investment, corporate, and client workflows. We offer a dynamic, team-oriented environment with tremendous learning and growth potential.
- Lead the Aladdin Product Management team for Alternatives - Define and own the product story – both short term and long term approaches
- Define and champion the Aladdin Alternatives product roadmap for both BlackRock and Aladdin clients
- Champion the Aladdin Alternatives agenda throughout the firm and the industry identifying gaps, sharing strategy, checking in on progress, and co-marketing efforts with the marketplace
- Create alignment amongst internal and external stakeholders
- Lead virtual product team to create tangible prototypes that show business benefits
- Partner with developers through the development process; incorporate user feedback
- Influence and lead a large scale virtual product team; educate and receive feedback so we can create tangible prototype that results in real business benefit and happy clients
- Partner with the Aladdin Business to identify and define commercial opportunities in the marketplace for Alternatives
- Lead a data driven team that tracks and measures usage and metrics to inform product strategy and deployment strategy
- Be an Alternatives expert- stay attuned and be ahead of industry, market, and technology trends to create opportunities for BlackRock and better serve our clients
- Previous Alternatives experience and product management experience
- Deep Alternatives content expertise – ideally spanning the full investment process and operational lifecycles
- Familiarity with both liquid and illiquid products a plus
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams, from communicating conceptual ideas to execution
- Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations and communicate up and down the organization
- Ability to represent the firm in industry forums and events
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and planning skills, including the ability to multitask
- Superior influencing skills
- Ability to work and deliver results independently, a self-starter
- Strong technical abilities with an ability to get in the weeds where necessary
- Desire and ability to manage teams and people to drive results
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.