Tax Reporting and Strategy Director - Investment/Asset Management
- New York, NY, États-Unis New York NY US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- PWC - US
- 18 mai 18 2018-05-18
PWC's Industry Tax practice is organized around industries to share the latest research and points of view on emerging industry trends, develop industry-specific performance benchmarks, and share methodologies and approaches in complex areas such as compliance and tax risk management.
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
The PwC network is a global market leader in tax services.
We assist businesses, individuals, and organizations with tax strategy, planning, and compliance, while also delivering a wide range of business advisory services.
With over 32,000 tax professionals, this means that the PwC network can support our clients both locally and globally.
We have experience working with an expansive and diverse client-base, which comprises all types of businesses-multinationals, local companies, privately-owned organizations, entrepreneurs, family businesses, trusts, partnerships, and private individuals.
Our multi-disciplinary teams bring a global industry scope and experience as well as thorough knowledge of US and local issues and regulations:
- Energy utilities & mining
- Entertainment & media
- Industrial products
- Retail & consumer
PricewaterhouseCoopers is nationally recognized for its in-depth tax technical knowledge and tax process improvement skill sets. The Tax Reporting and Strategy (TR&S) practice is dedicated to helping companies assess the complexities of delivering value and managing risk in their tax functions through the improvement of people, process, data and technology. Team members serve as business advisors to clients by leveraging a standard methodology to deliver sustainable tax performance improvement and tax accounting services. Our Tax Reporting and Strategy team features multi-disciplined staff including: accountants, attorneys, economists and technologists from a variety of backgrounds, including corporate tax professionals, tax professionals from law firms, technology professionals and tax advisors from the Firm's practice offices.
Our diverse skillsets combined with our established methodologies provide a unique perspective as we assist clients in transforming their tax processes from analysis to implementation.
How we help companies depends on their situation, and where they want to start, therefore we have several specialty areas including:
- Tax Accounting Performance Improvement
- Tax Strategy & Operations
- Tax Data Management & Analytics
- Tax Operations Management
- Tax ERP Services
Team members get exposure to a variety of areas including tax department operational performance improvement, SharePoint and document management, tax technology strategy, tax data management and analytics, tax accounting and vendor implementation, and strategy related to people and organizational structure.
Minimum Years of Experience: 8
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting
Certification(s) Required: CPA, Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar
Extensive knowledge of the tax issues facing multinational US companies or publically traded entities, especially in the areas of tax compliance and consulting services tailored to organizations with domestic operations with the goal of tax minimization.
- Extensive technical skills in FAS 109 and FIN 48.
- Comprehensive technical skills working with tax tools and resources including tax provision preparation software such as Tax Stream, Vertex, Corptax, RIA, or other similar platforms.
- Thorough experience identifying and addressing client needs: developing and sustaining deep client relationships using networking, negotiation and persuasion skills to identify and sell potential new service opportunities; preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials; and defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collection.
- Thorough experience as a team leader: leading teams to generate a vision, establish direction and motivate members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation.
Extensive experience in one or more of the following:
- Risk management analysis.
- Controls remediation
- Organization and/or structure re-design.
- Technology review and/or implementation.
- Utilizing third-party tax provision software including, but not limited to: OneSource Tax Provision, Corptax Provision and Longview Tax.
- Utilizing, Six Sigma and LEAN concepts, as well as implementing Sarbanes-Oxley 404 internal controls.
- Utilizing ERP-based solutions, including technical development efforts required for successful ERP solutions
- designing, building, testing and deploying the technical component