Director, Project Management
- Smithfield, RI, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Fidelity Investments
- 07 nov. 17 2017-11-07
See job description for details
Do you want to work in an innovative and growing environment using your architectural or construction management skills?
The Expertise We're Looking For
- A bachelor's degree in architecture, interior design, engineering or construction; a master's degree in a business, finance, management, real estate and/or construction management is preferred
- 10 years of experience managing the design and construction of projects
- At least 2 years of experience managing direct reports on your team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Experience in CAD, InDesign, Illustrator a plus.
- Professional registration and/or advanced training is preferred
The Purpose of Your Role
As an important member of the Project Delivery Team the Project Director provides project and regional support to the Fidelity Investments' Real Estate Company. The Project Director manages and coordinates (directly or through his/her team) large and/or complex real estate projects through all phases of design, permitting and construction in the New England. The provides proactive, forward-thinking leadership for his/her project delivery teams by actively managing project workload, connecting various team members, providing organizational context/best practices, finding new ways to improve project delivery and creating team development opportunities. The role operates as the principal project representative delivering projects that exceed business partner expectations on time/budget.
The Skills You Bring
- You have knowledge of design, engineering, construction and real estate industries and industry groups
- You are familiar with standard industry contracts (AIA documents) and certifications (LEED/ISO), standard project processes and durations, standard building engineering, operations and technology processes and infrastructure
- You are detail-oriented and diligent with follow through on project needs while concurrently thinking strategically to understand/put the project within an appropriate context for the team and to prioritize tasks effectively
- You make sound decisions by soliciting input from others and considering tradeoffs. Present options and the relevant analysis and reasoning to leadership as needed.
- You possess strong communication and organizational skills, ideally with executive presentation skills
- Must communicate professionally at all times, with tact and diplomacy, to represent Fidelity appropriately. Must demonstrate interpersonal awareness, recognizing impact on others and adapting to be effective in different situations.
- You are service-oriented to engage with others to understand and meet their needs, including identifying opportunities to enhance service acting collaboratively.
- You are comfortable in a fluid and adaptable business environment. Must be able to absorb and apply new information and demonstrate flexibility in adapting to change.
- You are a self-starter with strong sense of ownership, accountability and involvement is critical. Demonstration of initiative, commitment and strong work ethic.
- You have a strong ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
The Value You Deliver
- Managing the coordination of projects, allocation of resources, and project delivery standards for the overall program of projects within an assigned region or portfolio
- Developing, monitoring, measuring and forecasting the program level budgets for all projects within an assigned portfolio
- Cultivating key partnerships by collaborating across groups to solve problems and accomplish goals.Working cooperatively with other FREC departments, Fidelity service providers, external vendors, and regulatory agencies.
- Managing complex project and program delivery through all phases of design, permitting, construction and occupancy in accordance with FREC design and engineering guidelines.
- Identifying and evaluate alternative solutions to best meet program goals
- Collaborating, engaging and communicating effectively to all project stakeholders and business partners
- Setting expectations and ensuring that projects are completed within budgets and schedules while meeting/exceeding business partner needs, enterprise guidelines and business objectives
- Developing schedules, budgets and cash flow forecasts for assigned projects
- Prepare solution options, project budget cost/schedule estimates and documentation (e.g. business case) for project funding authorization.
- Presenting to and engaging appropriate parties to obtain funding approval
- Managing the pre-qualification and bid evaluation process for consultants, contractors and other outside vendors; responsible for final vendor selection
- Negotiating contract terms/conditions and ensure compliance with contracts for all consultants/vendors
- Serving as team leader managing other Project Managers as needed (Fidelity and 3rd party vendors)
- Providing training and mentorship to build effective teams and manage team talent
- Providing oversight to third-party project contributors, including architects, engineers, workplace consultants, and construction managers
- Planning effectively and drive for results by setting specific goals and developing plans that include deliverables, timelines and resources.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Fidelity Real Estate Company (FREC) is the corporate real estate division of Fidelity Investments, providing a full range of services to Fidelity business units nationally and internationally. FREC manages more than 11 million square feet of space in the United States and overseas, including 13 North American and six international locations, four mission-critical data centers and more than 190 retail investor centers.
Our philosophy at FREC is customer-centric-everything we do focuses on delivering solutions that meet the needs of our customers at all levels.
In addition to office space for Fidelity's nearly 42,000 associates, FREC develops and manages a range of specialized spaces including data centers, disaster recovery spaces, trading rooms, large-scale printing and mail processing facilities, and telephone contact centers. We also provide services to non-core Fidelity clients, such as many of the companies which comprise Devonshire Investors, FIL, the Fidelity Foundation, and Pembroke Real Estate.
This role will have responsibilities in Jersey City and New York City. Travel to those Fidelity Campuses will be required.Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.