Analyst, Portfolio Management
- Dallas, TX, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Hunt Mortgage Group
- 15 déc. 17 2017-12-15
Analyst, Portfolio Management
Under the direction and supervision of the Managing Director, Analyst, Portfolio Management is responsible for assisting in the oversight of a nation-wide portfolio of mortgage loans and similar investments in commercial income-producing properties, including apartments, health care facilities, office, retail, and industrial assets within the Company's proprietary lending portfolio. This is to primarily be carried out from the perspective of the mortgage lender / servicer, ensuring compliance with financial, contractual, and legal requirements, processing borrower requests, and analyzing and reporting on credit risk and the monitoring and review of performance to meet business plans, funding draws, construction/rehab monitoring and reporting.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in analyzing, underwriting and processing special borrower requests, including requests for modifications of loan terms, changes to / releases of / transfers of collateral;
- Analyze financial reports on income-producing properties to evaluate financial health and long-term viability; analyze operating statements, rent rolls and other information to determine EGI, NOI, DSCR, Debt Yield, physical and economic vacancy, and other relevant performance metrics, and accurately and timely report on same;
- Analyze and report on the relative strengths of, and credit risks associated with individual and entity sponsors / owners;
- Evaluate and report on property management's performance;
- Make specific recommendations regarding non-performing assets and prudent loss mitigation steps specific to the deal;
- Perform in-depth analysis of the credit quality of the asset, utilizing industry-standard real estate and financing analysis methods;
- Provide analysis and reporting for special asset types
- Produce on-going investor reports regarding the physical collateral, the credit risk associated with the loan, and specific action plans or recommendations for the lender / investor.
- Participate in servicing and other company projects, as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university required.
Experience and Qualifications
- 0 to 3 years of Commercial Real Estate experience is required, preferably with a REIT, PE Firm, or Institutional Lender.
- Medium to advanced MS Office skills.
- Commercial / Multifamily Mortgage Lending and Commercial Real Estate Finance.
- Principles of securitization, MBS, and 3rd party loan servicing.
- Commercial Real Estate valuation, including appraisal methodologies.
- Commercial Underwriting principles and practices.
- Commercial loan documents and underlying legal concepts regarding secured financing, lien priority, lender liability, creditor rights and bankruptcy rules.
- Financial analysis and basic accounting principles.
- Commercial construction principles and practices.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Accuracy oriented with a sense of urgency and strong focus on customer service.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Must be able to work under pressure and able to meet deadlines.
Requires a self-motivated individual who can work as a part of a team. Must be an exceptional listener and communicator, and who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing. Must be a resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with clients and colleagues.