Associate, Portfolio Management
- Dallas, TX, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Hunt Mortgage Group
- 15 déc. 17 2017-12-15
Associate, Portfolio Management
Under the direction and supervision of the Managing Director, Associate, Portfolio Management is responsible for oversight of a nation-wide portfolio of mortgage loans and similar investments in commercial income-producing properties, including apartments, health care facilities, office, retail, and industrial assets within the Company's proprietary lending portfolio. This is to primarily be carried out from the perspective of the mortgage lender / servicer, ensuring compliance with financial, contractual, and legal requirements, processing borrower requests, and analyzing and reporting on credit risk and the monitoring and review of performance to meet business plans, funding draws, construction/rehab monitoring and reporting. In this role the employee may perform inspections.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensuring borrower's contractual compliance with loan documents.
- Ensure borrowers is meeting business plan for the asset.
- Assist in analyzing, underwriting and processing special borrower requests, including requests for modifications of loan terms, changes to / releases of / transfers of collateral.
- Analyze financial reports on income-producing properties to evaluate financial health and long-term viability; analyze operating statements, rent rolls and other information to determine EGI, NOI, DSCR, Debt Yield, physical and economic vacancy, and other relevant performance metrics, and accurately and timely report on same.
- Inspect (and review 3rd party inspections of) physical collateral, including properties located nation-wide.
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate action regarding anticipated repairs, future funding and capital expenditures for the collateral, and monitor borrower's compliance with relevant loan document requirements.
- Investigate and maintain a working knowledge of relevant local and regional (geographic) market conditions, and determine the impact on our collateral.
- Analyze and report on the relative strengths of, and credit risks associated with individual and entity sponsors / owners.
- Evaluate and report on property management's performance.
- Make specific recommendations regarding non-performing assets and prudent loss mitigation steps specific to the deal.
- Perform in-depth analysis of the credit quality of the asset, utilizing industry-standard real estate and financing analysis methods.
- Provide analysis and reporting for special asset types.
- Produce on-going investor reports regarding the physical collateral, the credit risk associated with the loan, and specific action plans or recommendations for the lender / investor.
- Participate in servicing and other company projects, as requested.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Bachelor's Science Degree Real Estate, Finance or Business Administration, or related field required. MBA a plus.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum three - five years' Commercial Real Estate experience is required, preferably with a REIT, PE Firm, or Institution Lender.
- Medium to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of Commercial / Multifamily Mortgage Lending and Commercial Real Estate Finance.
- Knowledge of Principles of securitization, MBS, and 3rd party loan servicing.
- Knowledge of Commercial Real Estate valuation, including appraisal methodologies.
- Knowledge of Commercial Underwriting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Commercial loan documents and underlying legal concepts regarding secured financing, lien priority, lender liability, creditor rights and bankruptcy rules.
- Financial analysis and basic accounting principles required.
- Commercial construction principles and practices required.
- Accuracy oriented with a sense of urgency and strong focus on customer service.
- Must be able to work under pressure and able to meet deadlines.
Requires a self-motivated, team player who has strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment, and comfortable interacting with all levels of management. Strong problem-solving abilities. Exceptional verbal and written communications skills. Accuracy oriented with a sense of urgency and strong focus on customer service. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to work independently and within a team. Demonstrated ability to succeed in an environment of uneven/cyclical workloads and tight deadlines.