S&P Global - Commodity insights The Role:
Data Scientist The Location:
Houston The Team:
In this ever-changing environment, the Cost & Supply Chain team play a vital role in major projects decision making. Based across the global with over 20 years of industry expertise and considered industry standard for cost trends and forecasts. Covering supply chain and cost in Upstream, Downstream and renewables. The Impact:
Help facilitate the production and delivery of data used in the decision making of major energy projects globally. Manage data pipelines that drive the production of over 10,000 forecasts used in more than a dozen products delivered to clients. Build and maintain dashboards and other products that are utilized by clients to better understand market conditions. What's in it for you:
- Opportunity to grow in a fast-paced environment, developing expertise in data in supply chain and development
- Interaction with MI teams as well as procurement teams in major operators.
- Part of an international team with high growth potential as well been able to contribute on an individual basis
- Be a key contributor to the development of new services and products
What We're Looking For:
- Design, build, and deliver data solutions for internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain, improve, clean, and manipulate data using extract, transform and load (ETL) processes.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to determine and address data and reporting needs
- Facilitate delivery of ad hoc analysis and data requests
About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, economics, statistics, or industry-related fields required; graduate degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 4-6 years directly related experience traditionally acquired by working in an analytical role, preferably in Upstream operations.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Power BI.
- Experience with coding and scripting using R, Python, and SQL.
- Strong listening, verbal, and written communication skills with a mastery of the English language.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
284615 Posted On:
Houston, Texas, United States