S&P Global - Commodity insights The Role:
Principal Research Associate- RIG Specialist The Location:
Houston The Team:
In this ever-changing environment, the Cost & Supply Chain team play a vital role in major projects decision making. Based across the global with over 20 years of industry expertise and considered industry standard for cost trends and forecasts. Covering supply chain and cost in Upstream, Downstream and renewables. The Impact:
We are looking for someone to support Rigs team in developing market research as well rig forecast and valuations. In this role you will be able to work with the existing Rig team, as well as internal data providers to provide clients latest rig data and day rate forecasts. A knowledge of offshore rigs as well background in offshore industry will be required. A detail oriented individual, with strong communication skills and technical understanding will be successful in this position. What's in it for you:
- Opportunity to grow in a fast-paced environment, developing expertise in data in supply chain and development
- Interaction with Rigs and offshore teams as well as procurement teams in major operators
- Part of an international team with high growth potential as well been able to contribute on an individual basis
- Be a key contributor to the development of new services and products
What We're Looking For:
- Design, build, and deliver Rig market research and forecasts
- Update and maintain existing technical specifications
- Collect costs and technical data
- Collaborate with stakeholders to determine and address data and reporting needs
- Facilitate delivery of ad hoc analysis and data requests
About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, economics, statistics, or industry-related fields required; graduate degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 5-8 years directly related experience traditionally acquired by working either directly in upstream or in supporting industries
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Power BI
- Strong listening, verbal, and written communication skills with a mastery of the English language. And ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
282430 Posted On:
Houston, Texas, United States