Senior Research Analyst
This role will participate in the start-up and ongoing running of a new subscription product that produces executive-level briefings for the Climate and Clean Energy Technology space. We offer an opportunity to join a small, high-level team that works across multiple divisions to select analysis and create short, concise summaries.
The research analyst for the climate and clean energy briefings will participate in the selection and creation of insightful, short executive level briefings for senior clients. The briefings will draw upon the research produced from across the IHS Energy subscriptions including Climate policies and trends, energy scenarios, renewables, clean energy technologies and cost analysis.
There is also a growing focus on creating original content, requiring independent writing and data collection capabilities. The analyst will work integrally with the Associate Director running an existing executive briefings service that will serve as a model and with the Vice President of the Energy Futures team. Essential Functions:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Follow the analysis in the renewables, clean energy technologies, regulations and climate policies and regulations space across the IHS Markit subscriptions and outside.
- Propose to the supervisor topics likely to be of interest to clients for more in-depth reading and agree which could be an executive briefing
- Provide editing services for 3-4 page documents which include words, charts and graphics.
- Agree with supervisor which analysis is to be turned into an executive briefing
- Tag content and release briefing to a content management function in order to be sent to clients and posted on web site, collecting and cataloguing all appropriate materials
- Potential to provide research and writing for original topics in collaboration with other colleagues.
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail for formatting, grammar and word flow.
- Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of clean-energy related topics and trends.
- Ability to handle quick turnaround, high-volume briefings. There are approximately 2-3 briefings per week.
- Ability to perform internet research, navigate primary sources for information on clean energy trends, in order to contribute to original material or client presentations as required.
- Bachelor's degree required; graduate degree is a plus with any economic or financial background an additional benefit
- Minimum of 5 years of experience traditionally acquired by working in industry, government, or consulting required.
- Strong writing skills demonstrated.
- Knowledge of clean energy related fields
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education.
Extensive knowledge of economics and/or energy-related fields is a plus.Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.