- Brisbane, Queensland, Australie
Tax AccountantTax Accountant
Position No: 1917RLT
Division: Risk, Legal & Tax
Location: Brisbane Metropolitan
Work Type: Permanent - Full Time
Applications Close: 19/11/2017 11:00 PM
We currently have a full time open term opportunity for a Tax Accountant to join QIC's Risk Legal and Tax team in Brisbane. You will be instrumental in supporting base preparation of tax compliance activities.
Your prior experience supporting investment, property or corporate tax advice from a similar role will ensure you hit the ground running. You will be well supported and encouraged to develop diverse experience across multiple jurisdictions and asset classes.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high calibre team who are passionate about what they do.
You will focus on:
- Providing advice to internal clients in relation to less complex matters, (with oversight) to ensure compliance with all relevant tax laws, regulations and policies.
- Undertaking research on more complex matters, to assist more senior team members.
- Providing tax guidance and advice to internal clients (Business areas and Corporate functions) to enable them to undertake their functions in a tax effective and timely manner and in compliance with QIC's tax risk guidelines and policies.
- Provide tax compliance advice to internal clients (mainly Fund Finance and Corporate Finance functions) to ensure compliance with all relevant tax laws, regulations and policies.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the enterprise tax strategy, in order to optimise QIC's tax position, and ensure it complies with relevant local and international tax laws and regulations.
The ideal candidate:
You will be an agile professional who enjoys keeping up to date with tax law and regulations. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment, where your prior experience supporting internal clients will ensure quality outcome are achieved.
- Tertiary qualifications in Commerce, Accounting or Law
- Chartered Accountants/Chartered Practicing Accountant qualified or post-graduate Tax qualification such as the Masters of Tax
- Sound problem solving and evaluation skills to enable the identification of issues, analysis of options and the judgement to determine appropriate courses of action, relevant to achieve positive outcomes and organisational goals.
- Solid technical knowledge in relation to Division 40 (ITAA 1997), capital gains tax, GST and FBT and relevant statutory and regulatory requirements and processes.
- Commercial focus, emphasising strong analytical skills and understanding of business drivers.
- Strong time management and organisation skills.
- Experience in establishing strong working relationships with a range of stakeholders across an organisation.
- Solid understanding of the financial services or funds management industry.
- Negotiation skills with the ability to influence and persuade stakeholders.
QIC Limited (QIC) is a leading global alternatives investment provider for sovereign wealth funds, superannuation funds and other institutional investors. QIC delivers services to over 110 like-minded institutional investors in Australia and internationally with more than A$82.8 billion (30 September 2017) in funds under management.
Spanning fixed interest and liquid strategies, infrastructure, real estate, private capital and multi-asset solutions, QIC adapts its approach to suit the investor and the investment context.
At QIC our pursuit is to be an inclusive organisation - one in which every employee has a true voice. We want every employee to have a sense of belonging within QIC and this includes feeling like his or her difference is valued, whatever the difference. We want to build people leader capability to reduce unintended bias and ensure we are leveraging the uniqueness of all our people.