Technology Strategy and Performance - Manager
- Canberra, Territoire de la capitale australienne, Australie
- CDI, Plein-temps
- KPMG Australia
- 19 oct. 17
See job description for details
- Interested in a career beyond technology architecture, design, implementation or project management?
- Work with Australia's most respected Technology Advisory companies
- Seeking experienced candidates to cater for our growing business with Federal Government and Defence sectors
The Technology Strategy & Performance (S&P) team is growing with unprecedented demand to assist a broad range of industries with their IT strategy and Digital services and roadmaps, evolving their IT operating models and advising/assisting with major transformation programs. Our work sees us engaging with a range of senior stakeholders as well as analysing lower level requirements to construct appropriate strategies that span technology domains and business problems.
Our team consists of IT and Business professionals with a range of backgrounds from solution architecture and project delivery, to enterprise architecture and strategy development, to operating model design and agile delivery and operations. All with a single goal to help clients understand their problems and determine and deliver optimal solutions.
You may be coming from either an existing technology focused role or have an established background in management consulting. We are looking for exceptional people with a blend of skills from both technical to the critical emotional intelligence and client facing soft skills, with an appreciation for quality and delivering outcomes.
Your new role
In your new role with Canberra Technology S&P Team, you will consult on client projects, translating client requirements into technical requirements and recommend solutions that will typically involve a combination of analytical, process, business and digital transformation outcomes. You will work proactively to:
- Provide business and technical expertise in defining, validating and delivering business requirements that inform technology solution design.
- Define current and future operational scenarios covering processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions.
- Document business and technical requirements in way that guides the definition of technology solutions.
- Support your team in preparing technology related business cases.
- Support KPMG Program Management Office teams ensuring that project planning, execution, dependencies and controls are properly integrated in large and complex transformation projects.
- Assist with the development of KPMG service offerings across IT strategy, Digital transformation, architecture, IT service management, and IT Operating Model design.
- Independently manage day to day activities with client, vendor and KPMG teams to understand root cause issues, potential solutions and articulate business benefits.
- Support the growth and development of junior team members through technical training, skills coaching and mentoring.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication particularly when communicating on an engagement to a wide range of stakeholders from junior team members to senior executives.
- Demonstrated experience performing analysis and leading projects in two or more of the following disciplines:
- Business/IT Strategic alignment
- Architecture (enterprise, solution)
- Requirements Elicitation
- Technology transformation program and project management
- Operating model design and implementation
- IT service management, integration & transition (ITIL Certification)
- Agile delivery methods (in particular DevOps)
- Digital Operating Models
- Digital Transformation
- Demonstrated ability to apply structured thinking and analysis techniques to complex and ambiguous problems.
- Proven ability to translate between business and technical requirements.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification/s.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience, ideally within management consulting or public sector roles.
- Experience at a Management Consultancy firm in a similar capacity desirable but not essential.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and policy issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG Canberra and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Advertised: 20 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 20 Oct 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time