Senior Enterprise Support Manager - Come Build with Us
Are you a Customer Obsessed, Senior Technology Leader looking to manage a successful, growing team of cloud technologists?
At Amazon, our vision is to be earth's most customer-centric company. In 2006, we launched Amazon Web Services, giving customers access to the same cloud technology we built to serve millions of shoppers on Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform, offering computing power, database storage, content delivery, and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow. Millions of businesses are using AWS cloud solutions to build sophisticated applications with increased flexibility, scalability and reliability.
We're seeking a Senior Enterprise Support Manager to lead a distributed team of Technical Account Managers (TAM) and Enterprise Support Leaders (ESL) based in Sydney and Melbourne.
Our TAM's and ESLs are trusted advisors who help some of the most iconic businesses in the country, ensuring their long term success with our services. These range from rising startups building their business from scratch through to large enterprises going through significant transformation. The team provides advice on architecture, support strategy, project, and launch planning as well as ongoing operational issues. You'll help craft and execute strategies to drive our customers' adoption and use of AWS services. This includes a range of products including EC2, S3, DynamoDB & RDS databases, Lambda, CloudFront CDN, IoT and many more.
Watch a short video about life as in our Enterprise Support team here https://bit.ly/2AivWrM.
As a leader you will:
• Join a team of Enterprise Support Managers in ANZ
• Leading a team(s) of Technical Account Managers (TAMs) and Enterprise Support Leaders teams to solve business problems
• Delivers a vision and strategy for team and delivery of Enterprise Support to improve the customer experience
• Drive internal strategic communications
• Advocate for your customers and own their support experience
• Manage customer sentiment and recovery during service events, including executive engagement
• Assist with problem escalation and support your team in resolving critical customer issues
• Understand operational excellence in the cloud and help your TAMs make recommendations to customers
• Mitigate risks and remove blockers for your team and customers
• Grow you team's capability through people development and recruitment
• "Think Big", by creating mechanisms that allow us to scale while we continue to expand the team
• Able to lead one or more teams of EAEs tasked with building or solving significantly complex or endemic technical support problems .
You'll have a direct impact in enabling businesses across Australia gain the most value from cloud technology. There are plenty of opportunities to develop your management / technical skills as we continue to rapidly expand in ANZ. You'll also have the chance to receive mentorship and gain AWS certifications.
At Amazon Web Services, we don't mind being called "peculiar." We have our own way of doing things. We're obsessed with customers, we see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we're comfortable with being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox, but our unusual approach and our culture - focused on removing obstacles so builders can build - are part of why our people enjoy working in AWS.
We're passionate about supporting the needs of our people and their family members. Benefits include Medical Cover, Employee Assistance Programs and Global Mobility opportunities.
• Basic Qualifications
• Track record of leading highly technical, analytical, and service delivery professionals
• Previous customer facing experience with strong executive presence
• Experience designing, building, implementing, maintaining or supporting technology solutions for enterprise organisations
• Strong customer focus and bias for action; and ability to work with remote teams.
• Experience working for an IT Vendor or service provider Preferred Qualifications
• Experience influencing large enterprises
• Past experience as a systems administration, network engineer, or software development engineer
• Professional experience with AWS and/or other cloud offerings such as Azure, Google Cloud Platform etc.
• Experience managing multiple teams
• Experience in the Media, FSI, Insurance or Telco industries