System Analyst- Data and Analytics
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australie
- CDI, Plein-temps
- KPMG Australia
See job description for details
- Are you ready to leverage your existing capabilities in a new and challenging environment?
- Value diversity? It's what sets us apart.
- We provide the opportunity work on complex matters with senior KPMG stakeholders, at one of the world's leading professional service firms.
Our data analytics group focuses on assisting teams to solve complex business issues that add value and/or reduce reputational, operational and financial risks. Supported by our ITS division, the analytics group brings together analytics specialists and subject matter expertise to provide a unique service that allows business to commission one-off pieces of analytics work, proofs of concept or ongoing data-oriented managed services. It represents a critical component to KPMG's analytics strategy and is where much of the innovative early thinking takes place on helping business achieve their goals.
Your new role
The successful candidate will perform a role, which typically involves the set-up and management of data and platforms using innovative techniques to provision or maintain data assets and platforms. Strong technical skills are essential, as candidates will be expected to manage the technical components of the platform (installations, configurations, access control etc.) and work closely with the infrastructure provider and our internal security and network teams. The work is highly varied, and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to enhance and take their skills to the next level by gaining strong technical and business experience whilst developing their ability to manage work streams, projects and analytics platforms.
You will be responsible for:
- Installation and configuration of Business Intelligence/Analytics components (e.g. Python, Qlik, Tableau, Power-BI, D3)
- Database management, primarily MS-SQL (e.g. database creation, schema creation, performance tuning);
- Management of BI/Analytics platforms (e.g. license, access control, network configurations, LDAP integration);
- Assist "Data and Analytics Manager" with proof of concepts to introduce innovative platforms to landscape;
- Pro-actively drive forward new and creative ideas and analytical solutions/platforms which benefit KPMG;
- Coordinate with the infrastructure provider and internal teams for network management, security and identity management to support the BI/Analytics platforms.
- Develop internal networks and maintaining relationships with colleagues across other teams within KPMG;
You bring to the role
- Advanced SQL skills necessary.
- Backend server knowledge of data visualisation tools necessary (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview, PowerBI, D3. At least one is must);
- Experience of managing BI Platforms that comprise of multiple technology components (for data ingestion, data storage and data analysis).
- Knowledge of other ancillary components to the core platform, like network, security, user access, data encryption, backups and data retention.
- Tenacious problem solving attitude, particularly when helping trying to root cause the backend technical issues.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical analysis to a non-technical audience
- Desirable to have knowledge of statistical techniques and analysis (such as regression, clustering, sampling, social network analysis)
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 03 Apr 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time