Overview Do you enjoy watching how company specific news and current events impact the financial markets? Like solving puzzles and working competitively with a team to win?
SIG is looking for final year students who are interested in why financial markets move the way they do to join our 2023 Buy Side Research Graduate Program.
SIG is one of the world's largest market makers, with a unique approach to trading, technology, and research. While this background puts us at the top of our game, what really makes us successful is our quantitative approach to decision making and the collaboration between our employees.
SIG Buy Side Research Graduate Program
Our Buy Side Research Analysts work directly with our traders to identify trading opportunities in the equity and options markets. From providing real-time opinions on breaking news to in-depth analysis of future catalyst events, our Buy Side Research Analysts have a constant impact on our trading strategies.
As a Buy Side Research Analyst, you will be responsible for finding opportunities that other market participants may not be capitalizing on, either by discovering new information or considering existing knowledge from a different perspective. You will be embedded in a sector-focused trading desk and work collaboratively with traders who rely heavily on the analysis you provide to make trading decisions. Grads can expect:
What we're looking for
- Option theory and option modelling lessons in the classroom.
- Decision making - using game theory, decision science, poker, and other strategy games. It's true what you've heard!
- Real impact - SIG Grads work closely with our experienced traders and researchers on real-world projects that directly impact our trading business.
- Problem Solvers: You enjoy solving puzzles and love it when you discover a solution to a difficult problem, with a demonstrated interest in strategic games and/or competitive activities.
- Analytical + Logical: When it comes to decision making, you use clear and sound reasoning. You're rational and like to use analytical data and financial research skills to come up with sensible solutions.
- Communicators: You enjoy building relationships with those you work closely with. You enjoy sharing ideas, expressing your thoughts, and listening to the views of others - excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must for this role!
- Curious: You're excited by a career in the financial markets and the reasons why markets move in the way they do.
- Soon-to-be or Recent Graduate: Confirmed plan to graduate by December 2022 with a degree in Finance, Economics or related discipline, distinction average WAM, from an Australian or New Zealand University.
Apply -> Quantitative Assessment -> Recruiter Interview -> Case Study -> Interview -> Job Offer
SIG does not post salary information, so any salary information you find online may not be accurate because it was not provided or verified by SIG.
SIG does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or search firms. Any resume or referral submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of SIG and no fee will be paid.