Chief Financial Officer
- $117,557 - $139,182
- Sydney, Nouvelle-Galles du Sud, Australie
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Independent Hospital Pricing Authority
- 14 sept. 17
The Independent Hospital Pricing Authority (IHPA) is seeking a highly experienced finance professional to undertake the duties of Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the CFO will assist in supporting the strategic direction of the agency. The CFO role requires a comprehensive knowledge of financial practices in government including financial accounting, management accounting and statutory financial reporting. The ability to quickly gain a sound understanding of the agency’s operating environment is essential.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) role requires comprehensive knowledge of financial practices in government including financial accounting, management accounting and statutory financial reporting. The ability to quickly gain a sound understanding of the agency’s operating environment is essential.
The successful applicant will be required to demonstrate a track record of delivering quality services within a framework of responsible financial and resource management.
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the development and ongoing management of compliant financial systems and processes associated with the implementation and delivery of IHPA business outcomes. This includes but is not limited to the following areas:
- Management of financial operations including budget development and forecasting;
- Preparation of monthly and annual financial statements (including coordination with external auditors);
- Interpret, analyse and present financial related information to facilitate understanding and ensure alignment with business needs and strategic investments;
- Ensure that public funds and resources are used efficiently in accordance with statutory and legislative requirements;
- Provision of financial advice and management reports to the CEO;
- Input into the internal audit process.
- Membership of a relevant professional accounting body recognised in Australia or substantial progress to the attainment of membership and relevant tertiary qualifications.
Application Response: (Single page application)
Your application will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate that you possess, or have the real potential to develop, the required skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications to perform the role. These requirements are based on the information provided to you as part of the job advertisement, in line with the APS Work Level Standards.
Applicants are required to provide a statement of claims framed around the position description. Your statement of claims should be no more than one page in total with a font no smaller than size 10. Applications that do not meet these requirements may not be considered.
Applications close Friday 8 September 2017, 11:30pm AEST.