Are you passionate about research and generating investment ideas? We're looking for a professional to join our Metals & Mining team in Australia, to develop valuable insights and investment ideas for our clients. OUR IMPACT
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Building strong industry knowledge across a broad range of Metals & Mining companies
- Building, maintaining and updating company and industry models
- Analyzing market share, macro trend, and cross company and sub sector data analysis
- Interpreting data and perform analysis on market, economic and technology trends
- Assisting in compilation and writing of thematic sector and company research reports and investment recommendations for our clients
- Responding to ad hoc requests from clients, sales and traders
- Developing relationships with internal and external clients including company Investor Relations departments, and handling requests for information from clients and other Goldman Sachs divisions
- University degree (finance, accounting major preferable)
- At least 1-2 years relevant work experience in research, or in Metals & Mining industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and creative skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work/conduct independently and with limited supervision
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong ability to perform financial statement, business and valuation analysis
- Comparable business/financial/consulting experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to think laterally and exercise good judgment
- Self-starter attitude with high level of enthusiasm for equity research.
- Natural curiosity, critical thinking, logical thinking
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity