Overview Are you passionate about research and solving the unsolvable? Interested in how you can have a research career in industry?
SIGSydney is on the lookout for passionate PhD researchers who are interested in the world around them to join our Graduate PhD Quantitative Research Program. The program's start dates are ongoing.
SIG is one of the world's largest market makers, with a unique approach to trading, technology, and research. While this background puts us at the top of our game, what really makes us successful is our quantitative approach to decision making and the collaboration between our employees.
SIG's Graduate PhD Quantitative Research Program
We teach our Graduate Quantitative Researchers to use their problem-solving skills and mathematical creativity to find solutions in competitive and constantly changing financial markets. Working along other researchers, traders, and technologists, you'll use an academic research approach to transform our quantitative modeling into trading opportunities. You can expect to be working alongside a trading team and be part of the day-to-day collaboration that makes us successful. From the moment you join SIG, you're be able to see the application and high impact of your work on the success of our trading strategies.
What we're looking for
- Option theory and option modeling in the classroom
- Cutting edge techniques in machine learning and advanced statistics
- Applications of optimisation and game theory to trading algorithms
- Graduating PhD's or Postdoc's with a passion for research and problem solving
- Research interests in quantitative fields such as Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Economics
- Exceptional mathematical problem solving skills
- Strong programming skills, with emphasis on using computers to reliably and efficiently perform tasks Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment as part of a team
- Well-developed communication skills
- Finance experience is a plus, but not required
- Academically rigorous research with real-world application
- Competitive salary
- Fully-stocked kitchen, including breakfast and daily catered lunch
- Casual dress code
- On-site gym for SIG employees with 24hr access
- Authentic social community (basketball team, gaming)
- 360-degree view of Sydney's Harbors (it really is Sydney's best office view)
- Sustainable & environmentally friendly office
Apply -> Maths Assessment -> Recruiter Interview -> Quant Interviews -> Final On-site Interview -> Offer
We don't post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.