Overview Are you passionate about research and solving the unsolvable? Interested in how you can have a research career in industry?
SIG is on the lookout for passionate PhD researchers who are interested in the world around them to join our PhD Quantitative Research Internship starting in December 2022.
SIG is one of the world's largest quantitative trading firms, with a unique approach to market making, technology, and research. While this background puts us at the top of our game, what really makes us successful is our quantitative approach to decision making and the collaboration between our employees.
SIG's PhD Quantitative Research Internship
Our Quantitative Research Internship combines customized research projects with world class mentorship from our quant team - doctorate researchers dedicated to data-driven development and improvement of our trading models. Your project will leverage tools in mathematics and statistics to transform market anomalies into trading opportunities. You will also participate in an educational program that offers insight into the world of finance. What we're looking for
- PhD students who expect to graduate by December 2023
- Research experience in quantitative fields such as Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
- Exceptional mathematical problem-solving skills
- Strong programming skills, with emphasis on using computers to perform tasks reliably and efficiently.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment as part of a team
- Well-developed communication skills
- Finance experience is a plus, but not required
- Academically rigorous research with real-world application
- Competitive salary
- Fully-stocked kitchen, including breakfast and daily catered lunch
- Casual dress code
- Authentic social community (basketball team, gaming)
- 360-degree view of Sydney's Harbors (it really is Sydney's best office view)
- Sustainable & environmentally friendly office
Apply -> Maths Assessment -> Phone Interviews -> Data Exercise -> Final On-site Interview -> Offer
We don't post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed on a third party website was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.