Senior Strategist, Investment Strategy & Research - State Street Global Advisors, Vice President
Who we are looking for
This Sydney based role reports directly to the Head of Investment Strategy and Research for APAC. IS&R is a multi-asset class investment team that supports our distribution team by engaging with clients, solving client investment problems, making portfolio recommendations and identifying market trends for investment ideas. You will be responsible for conducting the research needed for bespoke client solutions, as well as writing articles that educate investors and promote our capabilities. This is a highly visible role within SSGA's Investment Organization requiring strong communication skills and the ability to connect with clients across our platform. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
What we value
- Conducting research on client portfolios focused on achieving solutions tailored to clients' specific investment requirements, including strategic asset allocation design
- Creating thought leadership and market insights which address the most pressing investment challenges faced by our clients
- Participating in key client and prospect meetings, providing market perspectives and offering research insights
- Developing close working relationships with sales and client/consultant facing teams to thoroughly understand client needs and trends, helping them to develop new business opportunities
- Working with the marketing team to develop content, and present at webinars
- Engaging with media and conducting interviews
- Developing business opportunities and deepening client relationships by coordinating the delivery of the best ideas and research across the organization
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong communication skills (written and presentation) and experience interacting with sophisticated institutional investors and consultants, as well as intermediary clients.
- Positive, collaborative attitude with a strong team orientation. Ability to work effectively among peers and across the organization, with a high level of integrity and grace under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to get things done
- Creative self-starter with a problem-solving, strategic mindset
- Business development, planning and implementation skills
- Your will have related (10+ years) investment experience in investment management, with a multi-asset background and experience in asset allocation
- A post-graduate or professional qualification (e.e. MBA or CFA) is preferred, though not required
- Knowledge of statistical packages, analytical platforms, Bloomberg, FactSet, Morningstar Direct and eVestment
- Critical understanding of financial theory and empirical research
Some travel will be required About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers