Specialist Solution Architect: Database
- Lieu de travail : Sydney, Nouvelle-Galles du Sud, Australie
- Salaire : Competitive
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Specialist Solution Architect: DatabaseAre you a Database Specialist? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale database challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new database technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use Cloud computing web services to build new solutions, faster, and at lower cost? Do you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights using Cloud computing technologies?
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
At AWS, we're hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on migrating their Database and Analytics Solutions to the cloud. This role will specifically focus on AWS Database Services such as Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora and Amazon Database Migration Services.
You would be one of the founding members of a dynamic Asia-Pacific team bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to bear on the difficult cost and agility challenges facing many organizations. The business development and accounting management teams will help accelerate the adoption of AWS as the leading cloud technology platform.
The ideal candidate will …
Be great fun to work with. Our company credo is "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". As the right candidate, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge.
Enjoy working with customers and partners. You have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for some of the world's largest and most important organizations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Design Customer Solutions, collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS Database services such Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS), Amazon Aurora and Amazon Database Migration Services.
• Devise Strategy - and Engage with Solution Architects, Account Managers Professional Services and Partners to define a Database & Analytics Engagement strategy for AWS operational territories and key accounts.
• Thought Leadership - Provide thought leadership on Database solutions that benefit customers through the use of AWS Services. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as the AWS Big Data Blog, Whitepapers and Reference architectures, as well as internal training of Solution Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Partners.
• Serve as a key member of the business development and account management team in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the Asia Pacific AWS solution architect community.
If you are someone who enjoys innovating, likes solving hard problems and working on cutting edge technology, we would love to have you on the team. The role is based in Singapore and would be required to travel to support the business across the Asia-Pacific region.
• • The candidate will possess both technical and customer-facing skills that will allow them to be a "trusted advisor" to customers. He or she will be able to facilitate relationships with senior personnel, as well as easily interact and give guidance to software developers, IT pros, and system architects. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing 5 or more years of Relational Database implementation, operations and/or technical sales experience. Very strong Oracle and/or SQL Server experience.
• In depth experience with Database, administration, performance tuning and troubleshooting on one or more of following: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle. Experience setting up and monitoring / alarming for production Database environments
• Exposure to security concepts / best practices
• Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization.
• Implementation and tuning experience of Databases including knowledge of Schema Design, Query Tuning and Optimization, and Data Migration and Integration. Experience of requirements for the analytics presentation layer including Dashboards, Reporting, and OLAP.
• Experience in database migrations e.g. Oracle to OpenSource or Cloud-based database.
• Strong understanding of database licensing schemes. Ability to develop TCO models and assess business impacts, ROI etc highly desirable.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
• A talent for being able to influence and build mindshare convincingly with any audience. Confident and experienced in public speaking to large audiences.
• Ability to work across an Asia-Pacific context (Australia/New Zealand, ASEAN, India, Korea).
• • Experience with "NoSQL Database" such as Mongo-DB, Cassandra etc
• Experience managing full application stacks from the Operating System up through Front End applications. Understanding of application, server, and network security is highly desired
• Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Database and/or Data Warehousing.
• Hands on experience as a database, data warehouse or big data developer. Scripting / Programming experience in database related fields
• Hands on experience leading large-scale database projects.
• Working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as agile methodologies and DevOps is highly desired.
• Executive speaking and presentation skills - Formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
• Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups. AWS Certifications, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate/Professional highly desirable.
• Technical degrees in computer science, software engineering, or math highly desired.