Support Software Engineer
- Sydney, Nouvelle-Galles du Sud, Australie Sydney Nouvelle-Galles du Sud AU
- CDI, Plein-temps
- FIS Global
- 19 juin 18 2018-06-19
Support Software Engineer
FIS is looking to fill the role of a Support Software Engineer to be part of a team supporting and enhancing payment applications using J2EE and Web Services on the Clear2Pay Open Payments Framework (OPF) products. The candidate must enjoy close contact with clients, investigating and resolving problems, a challenge and being put to the test with a proven track record of delivering. They must also possess a friendly disposition and enjoy working in a team environment. Ability to work with teams both onshore and offshore to provide support and maintenance to both internal and external clients.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the support (1 st , 2 nd , 3 rd level) and enhancement of the company's core products and clients customized components.
- Travel, where required, to visit customers for possible on-site consulting, training and support work;
- Investigating and resolving problems reported by external clients (including liaising with clients during the investigation and resolution).
- Investigate customer support problems, debug and fix code.
- Provides 24 x 7 on-call support for all assigned production-related systems.
- Develop and execute testing plans.
- Conduct code-level software analyses to identify root cause of bugs and/or system modifications as needed.
- Interface with internal clients, managers, IT and Product Development to resolve problems.
- Analyse problem, document, communicate resolution and conducts follow up. Escalates problems to appropriate teams when necessary.
- Interpret and present data and conclusions to management as needed.
- Installation, configuration, and administration of the company's products and the 3 rd party products they use in any client FIS hosted environment.
- Provide training to clients on the installation, configuration and administration of the company's products.
- Ensure the functions developed are sufficiently tested, are of satisfactory quality and meet requirements specified.
- Ensure company standards, policies, procedures and methodologies are followed.
- Work with project delivery teams as required.
- Performs additional related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training or work experience. Post-graduate education is desired.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The candidate must be a good well rounded person suitable for the role who possesses a positive 'can-do' attitude and good attention to detail. They must have a proven track record in supporting customers and troubleshooting issues using JAVA. In particular, the candidate must possess the following attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors).
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, high stress team environment.
- Ability to work independently and intuitive ability to prioritize assignments.
- Possess a good telephone manner.
- Experience in providing support to internal and external clients.
- Commitment to ensuring that work is completed to the highest level of quality possible.
- At least 5 years' experience in full life cycle software development.
- At least 5 years' experience in development, in Java, J2EE, XML and OOD.
- Knowledge of the basic principles, processes, phases and roles of application development methodologies
- Knowledge of a wide range of interface design, development and debugging tools, techniques and methodologies
- Knowledge of testing tools and quality control requirements
- Knowledge of primary database engines with a demonstrated ability to write complex SQL queries
- Previous experience working on C2P OPF Product
- Experience working of New Payments Platform.
- Must be dependable and able to meet and fulfill obligations
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise with other resources
- Must be highly flexible and adapt to changing priorities
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and thorough in completing tasks
- Willing to take on responsibilities and challenges