Systems Development Engineer - AWS Relational Database Services
- Lieu de travail : Sydney, Nouvelle-Galles du Sud, Australie
- Salaire : Competitive
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Systems Development Engineer - AWS Relational Database ServicesSystems Development Engineer, Amazon RDS
How's your Linux? I mean, really, how is it? Do you know all of the deep corners of the OS? Do you know where the performance hides? Do you know how to make I/O happen now? Do you know how to make the absolute best use of every byte of RAM, every CPU cycle? Have you had other System Engineers say "I don't believe it" when they saw how well a system you tuned was performing in production?
Well, then. We should talk.
At RDS, we manage one of the largest fleets of RDBMSes on Earth, and are always working to be better at it. We're building a new team focused on being very, very deep into the OS, and you should be on it. Your job will be to work with our System Development Engineers, Software Engineers, Database Engineers and System Engineers to further develop the Linux platforms that host our databases. You'll be responsible for defining performance and stability parameters for our database engines, OS tweaking that gets us to them, tooling that builds Linux images for each engine, and tests which certify that the images meet our very high standards.
If this sounds like the right mix of fun, challenge, and wheelhouse to you, drop us a line.
• BS Computer Science or other technical degree and/or related experience
• 3+ years of *IX system administration experience
• Performance Engineering experience in an *IX environment
• System Engineering experience in the cloud
• Firm grasp of networking fundamentals
• Scripting and / or programming experience
• Automation, testing or monitoring framework exposure or, even better, development
• Experience with very large distributed systems
• RDBMS performance Engineering experience