Compliance Officer - Data Confidentiality/Tax/Anti-bribery and corruption
- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrein Manama Capital Governorate BH
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 16 juil. 18 2018-07-16
To support the Bank in managing its responsibilities in the following areas of regulatory requirements: • Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI), including FATCA, CRS and other measures implemented to reduce the incidence of customer tax evasion (collectively referred to as “FATCA/CRS”) • Privacy and confidentiality responsibilities in the handling of individuals and customer data • Anti-bribery and corruption
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
For FATCA/CRS, Privacy and Confidentiality and Anti-Bribery and Corruption:
- Provide on-going advice, and training, to all units of the Group
- Maintain appropriate governance and oversight measures including Key Risk Indicators, Management Information and, Monitoring and Assurance Programme
- Develop and implement Group-wide Policies and Standards
- Monitor changes in laws, regulations and industry best practice
- Maintain a Key Obligations Register, ensuring ownership for each obligation is established, risk owners are clear as to their responsibilities and risks are effectively managed
- Provide timely, practical, value added Compliance advisory to business and functional units, including to overseas Compliance teams under key areas of responsibility
- Demonstrate proactive identification and management of key regulatory risks and issues in areas under responsibility
- Self-identification of compliance related issues in areas under responsibility
- Acceptable rating for audits under areas of responsibility
- Closure of outstanding audit issues within stipulated time period or as agreed with Group Audit
- Support ad hoc compliance projects as required
- Understanding of the provisions of FATCA and CRS as well as the data capture, storage and reporting processes. Understanding of the various Data Privacy requirements in jurisdictions covered by the Group.
Education / Certifications
- Graduate (or equivalent knowledge gained by experience)
- 5+ years’ experience in a Wholesale or Retail banking environment including experience within a legal or compliance function (or similar).
- Clear, strong communication skills; Ability to work under pressure; Team player.