- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrein
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 09 déc. 17 2017-12-09
Assist the CFO in maintaining and developing financial policies and procedures for the Bank's information systems for external and internal Financial and Management reporting, including budgeting and performance review in a timely manner to management, shareholders and regulators.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
1. Assist the CFO in compiling effective business plan and budget which defines the bank's objectives and provides the basis for management to formulate its business.
2. Prepare on a monthy basis, the bank’s accounting returns to Group Finance at the Head Office, including Month End Information, Monthly Variance Analysis report, Flash report, Regulatory ratios based on CBB requirements, Sukuk portfolio report and other reports as may be specified for the month.
3. On a quarterly, half yearly and year basis prepare reports like the Consolidated Package to Group Finance, Prudential returns (PIRI), Basel III Public disclosures, Statistical Information and other reports and returns as required by the MD or the CFO.
4. Liaise with the external auditors for the coordination in the preparation of the quarterly financial statements and the year-end statutory accounts of the bank and its subsidiary
5. To review and rationalise Bank’s financial reports, perform proof check of the Bank’s quarterly financial statements, Annual report and press releases in Arabic & English created over the years with a view to providing effective, efficient and consistency and standardisation across all the reports.
6. Coordinate with Corporate Communications department and manage tasks relating to the publication of the Bank's Annual Report, press releases and results publication.
7. To ensure that the Suspense proofs produced by Operations and HR Departments are properly recorded and documented.
8. Support in implementing strategic projects driven by Group Finance as applicable to the entity (e.g. IFRS 9, EDW project phase 1 and Group Tax Project).
9. Assist the MD and Relationship Managers to perform customer Profitability Analysis and Reporting.
10. Undertake other ad-hoc reporting or analysis task analysis and participate in other projects at the request of MD or CFO of the Bank.
Risk, Compliance & Business Continuity:
At all times, act with due care, skill and diligence to ensure compliance with the bank’s risk culture, policies and procedures, Code of Conduct and Values. Escalate risk and compliance issues in a timely manner to your line manager, and ensure that all mandatory training is completed to schedule.
Participate in exercises to rehearse the banks response to an emergency situation (i.e. evacuation exercises and Business Continuity tests)
Job Context (Circumstances & environment surrounding the job):
The job holder will assist in preparing all of the financial and management information; hence the emphasis is on accuracy, reliability and timely production.
The job holder other key objective is to co-ordinate with IT to automate the reports produced (where automated reports are not currently available), thus helping the department in providing efficient and accurate reports with minimal manual adjustments within the strict reporting deadlines. The job requires an active team player.
Knowledge of AAOIFI and IFRS
Knowledge of CBB Rulebook
Understanding of core banking systems
Acquainted with Microsoft office
In-depth understanding of Islamic banking finance and products Education / Certifications
Minimum - ACCA or CPA. Experience
At least 5 years of experience in banking financial, management and regulatory reporting or Audit firm.