VP, Head of Operational Support
- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrein
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 22 janv. 18 2018-01-22
To plan, organise and control the operational resources of the Operational Support team on a day to day basis, in order to ensure effective oversight of the day to day Bahrain Operational activities and minimise operational risk to the bank. This includes responsibility for building and leading our Shared Service Centre capability in relation to Reconciliations services across the MENA region. To ensure that all activities performed by the Operational Support team are executed in a manner that delivers a quality customer service experience whilst ensuring the efficient and effective use of resources.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
Reporting to the Head of Operations the job holder will support the:
a) Creation of a high performing team capable of supporting the strategic plans of Bahrain and Group Operations,
b) Development and deployment of operational best practices using recognised industry concepts e.g. Lean / Six Sigma as well as Operations Management industry knowledge to increase process efficiency whilst minimising operational risks,
c) Implementation of Key Performance metrics to drive a consistent, rigorous and on-going assessment of the team’s operational performance,
d) Delivery of strategic change initiatives acrossthe group in accordance with the priorities agreed by the group.
The job holder will play a key role in ensuring the delivery of organisational change and process improvements in order to simplify existing activities and ultimately deliver scalable operational solutions that can be consistently implemented across the Group as required.
To support the above the job holder is expected to have a strong and broad knowledge of Banking Products, Risk and Control concepts and experience of working as part of a team that develops and delivers transformational change initiatives.
- To build a high performing team supported by robust succession plans.
- Ensure that all work processed by the team adheres to all specified Bank processes, procedures, standards and relevant external requirements.
- Contribute to the development of a Target Operating Model for the Shared Services Model covering reconciliation services.
- Develop and implement tools and techniques to identify changes that may be required to processes, procedures and or practices in order to support the strategic objectives of Group Operations.
- Build and deploy standard business Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure that there is high quality Management Information available on all products with particular attention to Staff Productivity, Errors, Discrepancies and Service Level adherence
- Managing, motivating, coaching and developing team members so that individual and collective performance meets the standards required.
- Leading the appraisal process within the team, collecting and keeping appropriate data.
- Ensuring effective communication and dissemination of appropriate information to all staff.
- Recommending and implementing changes to the way in which the team operates in order to improve service quality and process efficiency.
- Maintaining up-to-date awareness of market conditions and developments to ensure that best practice is adopted where required.
- Managing relationships with key internal stakeholders both in Bahrain and other Units.
- Assessing management information reports, identifying risks and issues and briefing senior managers on major implications for change projects.
- Identifying and assessing trends in issues and workflow, investigating further when appropriate and implementing changes or co-ordinating support from other parties to resolve matters and minimise the risk of re-occurrence.
- Managing and delivering change initiatives.
- Working with team leaders to embed changes within the team.
- Strong Knowledge and understanding of internal control and risk management concepts.
- Solid understanding of the commercial nature and risks associated with transaction banking with particular emphasis on cash management products and services
- Where appropriate will have a detailed knowledge of the regulatory practices which may impact the work of the department and an understanding of the likely impact of forthcoming change.
Education / Certifications
- Degree level qualification in banking, finance, accountancy or business administration.
- At least 10 to 15 years working experience in Operations areas of which at least 5 have been in a leadership position responsible for team development and strategic change initiatives.
- Articulate and easy to understand with strong interpersonal skills. Checks others’ understanding in response to enquiries / situations.
- Fluent English (spoken and written), Arabic also advantageous.
- Produces clear and concise reports and other written material which are understandable to those with our without knowledge of the subject.
- Full understanding of relevant computer applications and can effectively input, extract and format data.
- Ability to work under pressure, with strong time management skills and proven track record in planning, managing and prioritising own and teams’ work.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to learn new systems and identify and define problems and solutions.