Data Management analyst
- Bruxelles, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgique Bruxelles Bruxelles-Capitale BE
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 24 avr. 18 2018-04-24
Data Management analyst
Data Management Analyst
(level H - Specialist Data Analyst)
[Belgium, full time]
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that's centered around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!
Would you like to work for a bank where honesty, integrity and responsibility are valued? Are sustainability, caring for others and thinking ahead part of your DNA? Do you want to make the difference for our customers thanks to our agile way of working ? (click on link to see the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcB0ZKWAPA0 ) Then read what comes because ING might very well become your future employer.
Your role & work environment
In the development of a "Next Generation Digital Banking Platform", ING renews its data management capabilities, among other things, by realizing a data lake: an ambitious implementation based on leading technology. We seek enthusiastic analysts with knowledge and experience in data management that ensure that data lake is optimally aligned with business requirements and terminology. You work in a multidisciplinary team ('squad').
ING Belgium and ING Netherlands have begun intensive cooperation. This means that you have many contacts with employees of other tribes within ING Belgium and the Netherlands and with ING Group colleagues.
Your key responsibilities
- Initiate data management improvements, set data quality, data security, data privacy, data issue remediation guidelines and standards, and support the setting up of data management and data governance processes.
- Set up conceptual, logical, and dimensional data models, and define default terms for the business terms, based on the IBM Banking Data Warehouse (BDW) Model and the "ING Esperanto", the data definitions for the entire ING Group.
- Match the definitions to the requirements of data users, data owners and other stakeholders.
- Are a sparring partner for IT specialists for translating the conceptual, logical, or dimensional data model into the physical data model.
- Set requirements for data quality, data security, data privacy and other relevant aspects for business terms / data assets.
- Record the models and data definitions in the data dictionary and maintain them as part of metadata management.
- Test set data models and keep consistency and quality.
- Guide and coach others in the field of data management, such as data stewards in the business domains, and encourages the organization to become 'data minded'
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
- Broad knowledge and deep practical experience with data quality, data security, data privacy, data lifecycle management, data issue remediation and data-governance processes.
- Knowledge and experience with data modeling techniques and the development of conceptual, logical and dimensional data models and the safeguarding of their interdependence.
- Experience in compiling and aligning on definitions for business terms.
- Conceptually and analytically strong to make the right modeling choices.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to be able to align with various stakeholders.
- Excellent command of English in word and writing to define business terms (and Dutch/French is an asset).
- Enthusiastic personality, bringing pleasure and connection with Agile way of working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience with the role of product owner or scrum master in case of a combined product owner and analyst function. Scrum certification.
A brand new position in a bank empowering people to develop their skills and an exciting challenge for people with an entrepreneurial attitude.
The possibility to develop your skills thanks to the expertise of our international teams, and our knowledge sharing culture.