Financial Markets lawyer
- Bruxelles, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgique
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 20 nov. 17 2017-11-20
Financial Markets lawyer
Financial Markets Lawyer
Contract of unlimited duration, 100%, Brussels
Your role & work environment
You will be assisting the Capital Markets and the Financial Markets teams to provide financing and hedging solutions for a wide variety of clients in Belgium and abroad from a legal and documentation perspective.
You will become part of a highly skilled and supportive Legal Financial Markets team of seven legal experts while enjoying a varied and extensive breadth of work. You will support clients seeking to obtain funding on the capital markets (both debt and equity) as well as clients seeking to hedge some of their risks with derivatives.
Your key responsibilities
Act as a negotiator and structurer of complex transactions
- advice, negotiate, review and structure the documentation relating to debt capital market transactions in several jurisdictions both for third party and ING issuances, including commercial paper, medium term notes and retail bonds
- advice, negotiate, review and structure the documentation relating to equity capital markets transactions in Belgium (IPO, SPO, OPA,...)
- negotiate various types of international master agreements such as ISDA, CSA, EMA, ... while being an active member in industry initiatives such as ISDA working groups and monitor global derivatives developments
Act as a partner to the business
- provide real-time legal advice in respect of regulatory issues, business initiatives and projects in collaboration with sales, compliance and risk department
- follow-up on new evolutions in the international and European legislations on relevant matters and communicate on those topics with internal clients
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making ithappen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Financial Markets Lawyer you will also need:
- A Master's degree in law
- A relevant experience (between two and four years) in negotiating debt and equity capital markets transactions or key international master agreements for derivatives (ISDA, CSA,...)
- A perfect knowledge of Dutch and good knowledge of French and English
- To be a dynamic team player, a good negotiator and stress resistant
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
- challenging projects & a steep learning curve
- an international environment
- the possibility to have a short term assignment in another ING location
- the possibility to participate in courses and trainings
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that's centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!