Senior Risk Analyst
- Bruxelles, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgique Bruxelles Bruxelles-Capitale BE
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 17 août 18 2018-08-17
Senior Risk Analyst
Senior Risk Analyst
Permanent Contract, full-time, Brussels CSM
Are you looking for a professional environment in which you will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge of ING, its products & processes and to gain experience in other ING units? Do you have an interest in Risk & Compliance topics and how to monitor them?
Are you also someone who ...
- is able to analyze a large amount of data / information and to interpret the results from the point of view of their impact on the business Unit / ING Bank / ING Group from a risk perspective
- has excellent analytical skills and sound judgment and can derive and summarise points of importance from a compliance analysis / review
- is assertive to challenge Management and recommend improvements; has the ability to be firm when needed and show flexibility when possible
- is comfortable in building relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- is able to produce written communication in different formats (formal communications or escalations to Senior Managers, informal updates, reports...)
- understands the difference between the spirit of a rule and the fundamental meaning of a rule to be able to build adequate control framework
- has a Pro-active and can-do attitude (self-steering)
- reacts in a timely and effective manner (flexible) to unforeseen complications / requests while keeping positive attitude. Result / deliverables driven by being able to set the right priorities
And you have as well ...
- Master degree or equivalent through experience
- Preferably 3 years of working experience in banking sector
- Extensive knowledge of applicable Compliance rules and procedures in general or in a specific area of activities
- Good knowledge of English (verbal and writing), French and Dutch
- Knowledge of Banking and relevant External Regulations, processes, procedures and systems.
- Strong ability to earn trust and respect of internal clients, colleagues and senior management
- The will to work in a fast changing environment, to identify / anticipate potential compliance issues while being ready to be part of the solution
... then you are our new [Compliance Senior Risk Analyst]
Your role ...
- Act as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance policies and procedures are properly implemented and enforced and that related issues and concerns within the Business are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved
- Responsibility to develop and maintain an adequate Compliance control framework and monitoring plan by determining topics, control objectives and scope, together with other team-members / stakeholder
- Create, develop & formalized risk based monitoring approaches by identifying and adapting the monitoring Plan considering changes in the law or regulations or changes in the bank's activities / organisation / structure or in anticipation of potential emerging risks
- Provide your colleagues with new / adequate testing methodologies, develop when possible automated controls. As such you know or will look at what is being used in other units, and where possible leverage on such good practices.
- Take the lead and be responsible for the monitoring of specific activities or processes (domestic or intra-Group) and ensure the follow up thereof
- Control whether business activities are still consistent with the risk appetite of the BU, identify and report discrepancies and draft relevant observations (monitoring findings)
- Assume responsibility for reporting towards the concerned departments, following of issues and maintaining digital files
- Contribute pro-actively to and follow relevant developments / evolution in the various compliance area and in the organization and make proposals to improve monitoring.
- Understand business situation, balancing responses / expectations to errors, have effective contact and proper empathizing. Establish appropriate relationship with 1st LoD and relevant stakeholders (local or intra group), earn trust, respect, credibility and productive interactions for monitoring purposes.
Want to make a meaningful impact?
At ING our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We believe that sustainable progress is driven by people with the imagination and determination to make a better future for themselves and those around them.
ING Belgium is a creative and dynamic environment where thousands of employees collaborate to offer a differentiating experience for Retail and Private Banking customers as well as individuals, freelancers, SMEs, large corporations, institutions and corporate clients.
As the first direct universal bank, we are a global financial institution with a strong European foundation, recognized as the Best Bank in Belgium and as an employer of choice for consecutive years.
If this is the environment you thrive in, then apply and join us in changing the future of banking!